Urology Community
Rectal pain after ejaculation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Rectal pain after ejaculation

I am a 29  year old male, generally healthy. Recently I have been having some pain after ejaculation. The pain is located near my rectum and is a stinging type sensation that lasts a minute or so and generally occurs just after ejaculation. I went to my physician and explained the situation. He performed a prostate exam and said things felt normal. When he pressed on the prostate and asked if it hurt I couldn't really say it "hurt" necessarily as the entire exam is generally uncomfortable. His diagnosis was retrograde ejaculation, but I honestly wasn't sure what to think about that after reading some info on it. Last year I did have epididymidus. Currently I do have a hemorrhoid, but the doctor did not feel the pain was caused by the hemorrhoid. Should I be concerned and maybe consult a urologist for futher investigation or is it possible his diagnosis is right? I don't generally have any other symptoms to note...no blood, etc.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Pain after ejaculation is a symptom of prostatitis. Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland.It can be due to chronic prostatitis without infection in your case. Hemorrhoids are usually painless but may become painful when thrombosed. So these also needs to be examined to see any signs of thrombosis.

I would suggest you to consult a urologist and get this evaluated. You may need examination of the prostate discharge and ultrasound prostate. Treatment depends on the confirmation of diagnosis.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted. Warm regards.