Rectocell repair and Hystorectomy
I had a hystorectomy and cystocell repaired about 6 weeks ago. Right after my surgery I noticed I still have a bulge from the rectocell. Is there a reason it was'nt repaired at the same time as other procedures?, or is it possible it was an oversight? I asked my Dr. that did the Hyst. and she said to see the urologist  that did the bladder repair and cystocell repair. I have an appt. next week and need some advice on asking the proper questions reguarding rectocell repair without sounding like an idiot. Im 45 years old and this is a very embaresing topic for me to discuss with my urologist. Thanks to all for any advice.
A rectocele occurs when the end of the large intestine (rectum) pushes against and moves the back wall of the vagina. Rectocele and enterocele formation may occur together, especially if you have had surgery to remove the uterus. So the possibility of rectocele in your case after hysterectomy cannot be ignored.

So get the possibility of rectocele after hysterectomy evaluated from your surgeon.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep us posted on how you are doing. Kind regards.

Thank you for your reply. I have allready seen a surgeon and I do have rectocele. My question was "why was'nt it taken care of when I had the hysterectomy and cystocele surgery" ? seems like a waste of time and money to not do all procedures at once. There must be more to it . I feel good other than pain from rectocele. Mabe my Dr. wanted to see if  my intestines would go back to their normal position after Hysterectomy  surgery. Anyway I guess I will have to wait for my check up and ask him. I am just impatient. Thanks again for caring and support.
I just had cystocele and abdominal hystorectomy 3 weeks ago. Now I see I have a rectocele. I have the same question as you....why wasn't it fixed at the same time? Can you shed some light?