UROLOGY
COMMUNITY
Red Blemish on Tip of Penis
by KCheese, Apr 20, 2010
Hey Doc,

I've had unprotected sex a few days ago. +1 Day after the unprotected sex, I found I had a red blemish at the top of my penis. This blemish appears a bit tender. During the occurrence, I did use condoms, but at the end I took it off and entered for about 5 seconds in total.

This is +3 days now, and the blemish is still there, but seem to be receding a bit. The blemish is just a non-shaped faint red color. It is basically a patch. The condoms I used, were latex, which I am allergic to.

In total, penetration without condom was 5 seconds. This is the only symptom I see, and I saw it the next day on the tip of my penis. Could this be an STD?
Member Comments (2)
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Apr 21, 2010
This red patch can be due to contact dermatitis to the condoms or friction rub during intercourse. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

by KCheese, Apr 27, 2010
The tip of my penis is still red.

No bumps, sores, irritation, or itchness is coming from it. It is red, a bit insensitive and a tad swollen. This red covers all around my crown, with the exception around my uretha. So around my Uretha opening, its normal dark, purple, brown color, but around the rest of the tip, its red.

I've tried washing it, but its just red still.
This is about +10-12 days since contact now