Urology Community
Red tissue/speck in my urine...worrying me (male)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I'm a 21 year old healthy male.  About 3 months ago, I had pain in my right kidney.  Went to 2 different doctors, had ultrasounds, and it was determined that I had several non-obstructing calculi in my right kidney.  To make long story short, I passed a 5mm kidney stone on my own right around Xmas. (never had the classic horrible pain though, just constant light pain/discomfort in kidney/urge to urinate often).  Everything was fine until about last week when I began to feel a slight pain in the same kidney as before.  My urine (like last time) had some visible blood in it, but would go away once I began drinking a lot of water like in December.  

I also notice every once in a while when I urinate, I see a very small, red tissue/speck in the toilet.  So, since I had many small calculi, I figure I just have another stone coming but the tissue threw me off/is worrying me.

Is this normal while having kidney stones?  What is this?
Tags: tissue, Stone
Avatar_dr_m_tn
What you are having is hematuria and kidney stones is one of the reasons for blood in urine. Drink plenty of water and talk to your nephrologist regarding the treatment of kidney stones which include pain killers, trying avoiding taking calcium rich foods. If the symptoms persist then surgical intervention is needed. This includes, ureteroscopy, ureteral stent placement, ESWL and percutaneous nephrostomy.

I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a urologist and discuss the various treatment options,

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.