Urology Expert Forum
Redness around the Glans(glands) penis

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Redness around the Glans penis

I was washing the area around my foreskin on my penis this morning when I noticed that there seems to be sort of a red ring around the slit of my penis (where urine comes out, I don't know the specific term).  There is no swelling, sensitivity, discharge, or bumps, its just more red than the rest of the head of my penis.  Is this just the way my penis looks?  or is it something else?  I am seeing a doctor tomorrow but I just wanted a general idea of what was going on before hand.  Thanks.  
Sounds normal, especially given that it is not bothering you.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only. It
does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Henry Ford  Hospital  or the
Vattikuti Urologic Institute.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical  condition.