Urology Community
Remaining pain after UTI - Urethra trauma?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Remaining pain after UTI - Urethra trauma?

Hi everyone,
    I have been having trouble urinating (it's difficult to start and very painful at times) for the past two months. This began after I contracted a UTI from having intercourse with a full bladder. My UTI has cleared up but I still have difficulty urinating, painful urethral spasms and lower abdominal pain. I have been tested for STDS (none) and treated for PID (although I had no STDS). I have also had an ultrasound to check for possible kidney stones, all clear. My urine cultures all seem to be coming back clear as well. My symptoms subsided slightly while I was on antibiotics for the suspected PID (doxycycline and metronidazole). Sex is nearly impossible and I am so lost now! I don't know what to do anymore - I feel slightly crazy, like maybe I am imagining the pain. The pain is debilitating and I just want to feel like myself again! Is it possible this is all caused by injury to my urethra during sex?
Thanks a million in advance for all your help!
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank