Urology Community
Retracting penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Retracting penis

I have a very weird question involving the very fluctuating lenght of my penis. I have odd times throughout the day when my penis goes into what I call "turtle" mode, and by this I mean when I bendover or sit down my penis feels like it wants to retract into my body. This does not happen all the time however usually after being awake at least an hour in the AM and less frequently throughout my day. I am absolutely baffeled by this. When erect my penis measures almost 6 inches in lenth and almost 5 inches in girth. When my penis is soft is when I experience these very uncomfortable times the most. Any advice?
Tags: Penis retraction, Turtle Penis
all men have this.it is normal and not a problem.
I have the same problem. I don't think it's normal. Anyone have some advice? I need help!
I too experience this and it is a problem for me since I use condom catheter for incontinence. I did not experience this untill I was in my early 40's. I believe that body fat is partially to blame.
Over the last 8 years since I last was able to work, I have put on some weight, but by no means am obeise.
If I stand and the flacid penis hangs, there does not seem to be much of a problem, however ast times when I sit down only the glans (glands) is showing, as well as the overhang of the foreskin. When I push the pelvic area in then more of the penis is exposed.
You can see why this poses a problem with the condom catheters. Due to the dramatic change in length between sitting and standing, the catheters fail at times as the penis disappears into the pubic area.
I'm not sure if there is a solution for this, if there is I certainly would like to know. It is not a matter of wanting to look larger in dressing rooms, but it is a physical problem. I frankly don't give a rip as to what other males in a dressing room think. They allready look srtange when the see a catheter between my belly button and penis.

All the best