Urology Community
Retrograde ejaculation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Retrograde ejaculation

i am 15 i rescently had a cyst on my left testicle which was surgicaly removed. i can not ejaculate properly, after an orgasm my penis swells with what seems to be the semen inside the skin. i think it may be something along the lines of Retrograde ejaculation?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Retrograde ejaculation occurs when semen flows back into the bladder rather than flowing out of the urethral opening of the penis.

If you had no problems prior to surgery for the cyst, you will need to follow up with the urologist who operated on you to discuss the possible causes of the problem.

Obstruction along the course of the epididymis can cause blockage in ejaculation.

Swelling of the penis that lasts after ejaculation is abnormal and will also need an evaluation by a urologist to rule out structural abnormalities that could be causing the problem.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
regards,
do you think i should go and see my GP? and is there another way of having a checkup with out my parents knowing? or sould i tell them. please help!
Avatar_dr_f_tn

It would be better to tell your parents as this could be complication of the surgery, especially if you were able to ejaculate normally prior to the surgery.

Was the cyst removal done by your GP? If so, do consult him, otherwise consult the doctor who operated on you.

If you are worried about discussing the problem with your parents in view of the embarrassment you feel you would face or put them through, do get over that attitude. Your parents are aware firsthand of the normal physiological changes that an individual goes through at and after puberty and would see matters in light of the problem that needs professional attention.
Also they will be able to handle the aspects of consultation and visits to the doctor better than you can and you don't need the stress of those responsibilities right now.

Do feel free to post here for any help in this regard.
regards,