Urology Community
Retrograde ejaculation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Retrograde ejaculation

i experienced what i think Retrograde ejaculation out of nowhere for the first time ever.
I orgasmed and no semen came out for a few seconds, and then just a little bit came out after several seconds. It was slightly painful, and im nervous about it...can it cause serious problems? Can it possibly kill me? please let me know...thank you.
Retrograde ejeculation is the process where the semen is deposited into the bladder instead of out of the penis. This most likely would be due to surgery or damage to the sphyncter near the prostate.
It can cause furtility problems but does not cause any other problems.
I myself experienced this at the age of 30 while undergoing prostate and bladder surgery. I'm 45 now and still alive.
I hope that puts a stop on your worries.

God bless,

Ron
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Retrograde ejaculation occurs when semen, which would normally be ejaculated via the urethra, is redirected to the urinary bladderIt may be due to operations of the prostate, autonomic nervous system disorders,diabetes,certain drugs like tamsulosin,antidepressants and antipsychotic medications and neuropathy of the bladder sphincter. Diagnosis is usually by way of a urinalysis performed on a urine specimen that is obtained shortly after ejaculation.Also get your blood sugar levels estimated.

Hope it helps.Take care and regards.

i have no ejaculation also no erection i think i have reverse ejaculation?
never the less when i orgasm it feels like i have a blockage inside, it does not feel like it used to namely when i used to orgasm i used to feel the sperm leave my testicles and through my penis, i wonder does any one know is this treatable with drugs to stop it going into my bladder tnx!

You will have to consult with a doctor and possibly be referred to a urologist. They can then determine if there is an obstruction. However you must be aware that if the problem is neurological it might be difficult to determine what the problem is.

Good luck.

Ron