Urology Community
Reverse Retrograde Ejaculation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Reverse Retrograde Ejaculation?

My prostate was "re-sectioned" and following that procedure, I now have retrograde ejaculations.  I don't like them and any orgasm I have now is different and not as profound as those when I ejaculated externally.  As a matter of fact, retrograde ejaculations keep me from having any sexual relation with anyone and keeps me from masturbating, as well, since there is an unpleasant feeling in my penis following a retrograde ejaculation.  

Is there anything to be done to reverse retrograde ejaculations, so that my ejaculations would be external?
Russ
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Retrograde ejaculation occurs when semen, which would normally be ejaculated via the urethra, is redirected to the urinary bladder.It is very common after operation of the prostate. The condition is not harmful, but it often results in infertility. Retrograde ejaculation caused by prostate surgery is untreatable.Many people benefit from improve after treatment with drugs that close the bladder neck (such as pseudoephedrine). However, most of these drugs can increase heart rate and blood pressure, which can be dangerous in men with high blood pressure or heart disease.

I would suggest you to discuss this with your urologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.Kind regards.

Don't get laser prostate surgery no matter what.  You will never ejaculate normally again.  I hate it and would rather get up 50 times a night than have this.  It's not worth it.
Do not get prostate surgery.  You will never ever be able to ejaculate normally again.  Its pretty screwed up.  Your doctor may mention it, but will not have a discussion regarding the implications.  I hate my dr - I wish that I could do it to him.
I just saw your posting, and am wondering if you have had the procedure yet, to keep from having to pee a few times per night.  I was getting up to pee at least 5 or 6 times per night and my urologist suggested the procedure, and said that reverse ejaculation only occurs in a small number of men, and that I shouldn't let that keep me from having the procedure done.  So, I had it done, and now I wish I hadn't.  It was about two years ago and I have been angry at my doctor for not telling me more about the consequences.  At a followup appointment I told him that it had happened to me, and he just kind of chuckled and said "yeah, that happens once in a while...."  I wanted to punch him in the nose, and tie him down and do the procedure on him so he would see what it is like.  Orgasms aren't nearly as satisfying, and it's just embarrassing to not have any semen come out.  I would rather get up 10  times per night than to suffer this loss of my manly performance.  No, I don't depend on that for my feeling of self worth and manliness, but it hurts to know that I'll probably never have a satisfying orgasm again.  It just leaves you wanting more.  The feeling of the sperm shooting out is a lot more satisfying than just the pumping sensation inside without the ejaculate.  Don't do it if you haven't already done it!
You obviously have not had this TURP procedure. Any PC physician will tell the patient the closest thing to the truth; Retrograde Ejaculation is an almost certainty and it is sexually life-changing, miserable, debilitating, ultra-depressing and "not worth it" doesn't begin to cover the warnings that SHOULD be tattooed on the forehead of any erstwhile urologist that recommends TURP. I hate the ******* son-of-a-***** and so does my lady. He got his tens-of-thousands-of dollars (also sending a collection agency after us for the few hundred left over) and no longer gave a damn about me, the patient. "Do no harm" is in Hippocrates teachings, but "I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug" is actually a part of the oath traditionally taken by both healers and hacks alike. Medicine has become little more than a career for the entitled and those guilty of butchery for insurance money should fall with the bankers. I am presently on far more drugs than may have been needed without this damnedable operation for depression, hormone replacement (another thing they do not mention) ED (again, same), and therapy to keep from blowing my brains out. My advice to all that some urologist has recommended TURP; DON'T!!! They do not care about you, only the money that insurance will pay them. You WILL have retrograde ejack, you WILL end your sex life and endure the consequences of testosterone deprivation which are quite deadly and include; further depression, massive cholesterol increases, obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Dr. Singh, stick to medicine that you know something about, or be prepared to tell the whole truth. Lastly, all patients should know that there is no cure for retrograde ejack; the decongestants and all of that is pure falderal. There are rumors that the hospital in Trinidad, CO is experimenting with the bladder sphincter valve, but it is just a rumor. They disregard "old men" as having already lived their lives and are no longer in need of a sex life, a driving force in keeping a man vital. Now, I fully expect the manufacture of the TURP laser to hack this site and remove my posting, too much cash cow to loose. Bastards.

It seems that more of this is made out to be when in actuality urinary function is more important than retrograde ejeculation.

I had the TURP and resection of the bladderneck done in 1995 at the age of 30. Prior to the surgery the urologist explained all the side effects including retrograde ejeculation.
I had problems not being able to urinate and it was found to be some obstruction at the bladderneck. The procedure went OK and after 8 weeks or so I returned to work as a heavy duty mechanic shop foreman.

The procedure only did well for about 6 months when I ended up with the same problems. I was booked for a urodynamics test and it was found that I had a neurogenic bladder. This meant that I have to self cath several times a day.

Even though I had no semen discharged during climax and the sensation was severely deminished, my wife was surprised to find herself pregnant with our youngest daughter. No my wife did not have an extra relationship as our youngest daughter looks very simmilar to my mother at that age.

Now several years later, I still mostly have dry orgasms but at times some semen is discharged. Most of it comes out during urination. For me the sensation feels OK again, but not the same.

The biggest complaint that I have now, is the fact that I most likely will live the rest of my life with a suprapubic catheter due to complications from a neurogenic bladder and self catheterization.. At times I have to use condom catheters for intermittant incontenence.

To Marine. You should read things carefully before you write your message.
Had you read things closely, you might have realized that Dr. J, Singh, is a doctor and most likely has not had the procedure. However in his pratice, he has had several patients who have had the procedure.
He just provided a medical opinion. In no means can his response be viewed as ungrounded, and I feel that you owe this doctor an apology.
You might have gone through the procedure but seem to have no medical knowledge about it.

For me the retrograde ejectulation would be far more desired over the curent problem of a neurogenic bladder.

In the US and Canada a lot of males get circumcised at birth withou their approval. Should they be pissed off with their parents and doctor who did the butchering. Males without a foreskin don't seem to complain about the situation as they have no idea as to what it is like to be circumcised.

For myself some of the sensation has returned but I cannot garentee that others will experience near mormal sensations again. Retrograde ejeculation is a minor problem from this surgery. I ended up with a fistula between the urethra du to long term self catheterization.
For those who complain about retrograde ejeculation, I can see why it is seen as a bad side effect, however from what can go wrong it is very minor. For those who blame their urologists, doctors, "get a life".

Ron
I was also kept in the dark by my urologist about "retrograde ejaculation" caused by the "microwave" procedure on my prostate.  I tried to get a lawyer to sue him but no one would take the case.  "Retrograde ejaculation" is just as awful as Ron says in the article posted just before mine.
Actually is was "marine879001" who stated the frustration that I feel.
Many have been put on beta blockers like Flomax as well to ensure that the prostate is relaxed and therefore makes urination more efficient. Using this medication does what it is supposed to do but also relaxes the sphyncter.
As Dr. Singh mentioned there are meds that can be tried but they all have their side effects. These meds also do not have the same effects on every person. So the medications might work OK on one person when the next person is not at all effected.
As I have mentioned, after many years since the surgery, some semen is discharged at time, however it sort of dribbles out. Not like it used to be.
Perhaps in my case I might have gotten used to the new sensations upon ejeculation. It is not the same as it used to be but it's nothing to complain about.
About 6 to 8 weeks following the TURP and resection, I had to try things out, and was very disappointed besides some mild discomfort I would not have been able to tell that I had ejeculated.
I did not let this hold me back and assumed as much of a sex live with my wife as possible. Due to some sensation loss, it took me longer to ejeculate. As a matter of fact, the first few times I was unable to ejeculate during intercourse which caused me to have some frustration.
One thing that some of you have to keep in mind is the fact that sexual sensation does somewhat deminish as we age.

Most of you if not all of you had the procedure because you had problems urinating. For me just being 30 at the time, I used to get up at least four times at night to urinate but not being able to empty my bladder. To me the problems with ejeculation were very minor compaired to the problems I had not being to empty my bladder completely. Later finding out that it most likely was due to me having a neurogenic bladder meant that I had to self cath. several times a day. This also caused problems with the prostatic sphyncter.

Now having had a catheter in since Mrach 2008, has prevented me from engaging into any form of sexual activity. The first year in 2008, I had a penile Foley in and just slightly over a year later, this was changed to a suprapubic. It is located between my navel and penis. Now that my penis sort of is freed up from the catheter, I still can't engage into sexual activity. Any movement of the catheter causes severe spasms, pain.

Most of you can count yourself lucky that loss in sensation, is the only problem. There are far more serious issues result out of surgery side effects.

All the best,

Ron
You have expressed my feelings 100%...My urologist never once mentioned the possibility of retrograde ejacualation, let alone not even telling  me what it was....His response when I mentioned it was very similar to your doctors response...I have been going regularly since the procedure to treat a 'stricture'....that involvels inserting a metal rod into my penis and widening the opening so I can ****...in my case, I had microwave procedure first, and it was horrificly painfull...no anesthesia at all, not even a local...The procedure did not work, and I remained on a catheder for many more months until he recommended the prostate sectioning that 'would probably work'...not only did he not inform me of the 'affects' of the resectioning, he made me believe that it was almost 100% effective...the last stricture procedure he gave me caused bleeding into my urine, and I had sepsis which landed me in the hospital for four day, nearly causing death....End result???? Stupid me CONTINUED to see the same urologist for the procedures...My initial problem was not peeing TOO much, it was an oversized prostate that prevented me from peeing....and to this day I still get urinary infections and my last visit to the hospital resulted in them recommending urethra reconstruction....nothing has changed except my sex life;  it wasn't the greatest before, but at least it was there when I needed it!!!..They outlaw female castration, so why not outlaw this????  I have tried to ward off depression, but it is getting tougher...with no erections or ejaculations, I will not seek further medical advice or treatment for my constant urinary infections....If I would just have checked on line before...isn't hindsight great?? Urologis??? SCREWologist....
I had turp 6 weeks ago.  My urologist never told me about retrograde ejaculation.  Anyway my main problem is a neurogenic bladder: my bladder does not empty completely.  After a few days after the turp procedure, I was urinating like a donkey.  But I still did not get a long enough flow.  Now my flow is not as strong and still short.  this and other medical problems, like bowel problems, which are effecting my iatrogenic(caused by psychiatry)neurosis and thus my emotions, and i am getting so depressed and angry i no longer want to live.
I had turp 6 weeks ago.  My urologist never told me about retrograde ejaculation.  Anyway my main problem is a neurogenic bladder: my bladder does not empty completely.  After a few days after the turp procedure, I was urinating like a donkey.  But I still did not get a long enough flow.  Now my flow is not as strong and still short.  I have other medical problems which are effecting my iatrogenic(caused by psychiatry)neurosis, and i am getting so depressed and angry i no longer want to live.
ymousz again.  I was so depressed and in pain from having to self catheter and getting constant penis infections and irritation.  So I rushed into a turp without asking the too young neurologist about other procedures or what side effects should be.  I think he just wanted to do more surgeries that his better doctors in his urology department were getting "more business".  This "doctor"will barely give you the time of day.  He actually gets irritable when i call him to ask about post turp problems.  If i would have done it again I would have been more patient and researched a better rated doctor at this prestigious university hospital out of town.  I have read there are other procedures other than turp that don't destroy whatever it is that does not let you pass semen during orgasm.  Again, i am so emotionally upset.  I am 57 and it seems my whole life has been one of discomfort and suffering.
I can relate to many of the posts here and at times feel like killing my urologist for not "fully explaining the consequences" but then again my hesitancy to ask questions can also be blamed, maybe because of shame.

I had severe restriction to urinate due to an enlarged prostate that literally blocked the urethra. I would have to sit like a lady in the toilet and wait, sometimes as much as 15 mins for a dribble and then a slow flow and then the stream that was NOTHING like normal (before). This created such a problem with my work as I travelled by road long distances to install communications equipment. We would make pit-stops and everyone rushed to the bushes to pass water. I would get there and cannot even start when they were all ready to move again and had to hold this urine for sometimes 5-6 hours until final destination when the torment would start just to begin the stream.

When I visited a urologist he asked how many kids I have and whether I would need anymore. I said it would depend on the woman, since I can lose my wife and get another wife who would want children, He never indicated about the retrograde ejaculation side effects but after the surgery during a return visit I saw a brochure/pamphlet on TURP and read that the major side effect of TURP was retrograde ejaculation.

As fate would have it I now have a new wife and the first thing she wants is a baby and is now becoming frustrated that she cannot become pregnant and I started to fear that she would leave me because of that or get pregnant with some "old flame" and claim it is mine. Those thoughts were dashed as she took me to an IVF clinic and I am to start saving the thousands for them to start the procedure beginning this month, 18th to be exact.

As one writer puts it, the doctors does not fully explain the consequences nor look for alternatives to solve the problem because they make BIG BUCKS with this surgery.

I tried the decongestant method and that almost killed me, my penis literally shrunk and almost disappeared inside of me and it was such an embarrassment to my wife that when she found out what I did she was furious, so guys be careful of that Sudafed route.

It ***** but having kids before I know twins or triplets are in the offing when we do this IVF,

Cheers

Oh, I wish I had done my home work before I agreed to the TURP procedure. I had mine on the very day you made this post, July 2, 2012. I am one week out post OP and have not tried to masturbate as of yet. I am scared to death now of RE. My Urologist never said one word  to me about the possibility of RE until my one week post op appointment, which was today.Though a change in ejaculations was listed as one of the potential side effects of the procedure in the pre-OP paperwork, it certainly not addressed in detail. Like I said, I should have done my research and asked questions. I am a gay man and ejaculations are a big part of my sex life. I too feel like I won't want to live if RE ends up being the case for me.
I had an interbody L5S1 (back surgery) fusion in 2008. I was told that there was less than a 1% chance of me getting RE.  Well, I fell into that less than 1%.  I too, am a gay man and totally understand what you are saying.  I have been in the same relationship for 7 years.  Prior to my back surgery, my sex life was incredible.  Now, almost 4 years after having RE, my partner and I are splitting up.  He said he has needs and I can't satisfy his needs do to RE.  I would think with all of the technology science has, they would figure out how to reverse RE.  I tried the Sudafed route, and nothing happened.  I can relate to every man on here that is suffering from RE.  In my case, I feel less like a man, have lost sensitivity in my penis and I can go weeks now without sex because it's too depressing.  I am currently on anti-depressants which doesn't really help.  I still know what's going to happen after I masturbate or have sex.  I will not have another partner ever again because RE is just too embarassing.  My back surgery and RE has ruined my life forever.  I am 49 years old and should be enjoying sex instead of being depressed about it.  Are there any other gay men that had back surgery and now suffers from RE, out there?
I too, am a gay male and had the "green light" laser surgery on my prostate about 6 years ago (in NYC) to help with my urination problem. My doctor did mention to me that I would not be able to ejaculate afterwards and also said it was irreversable. I had to then weigh the pros and cons of what I thought was more important - being able to pee normally or not being able to ejaculate during orgasm. I am in a committed relationship for 22 years now and honestly it seemed that the ejaculation thing was not such a big deal. I can honestly say that my orgasms after the surgery are actually stronger and more intense even though there is no ejaculation. I do have some semen come out during arousal though. While I do miss being able to outwardly ejaculate, it has not caused me much pain and aggravation or depression. I do think however that the doctors need to put a lot more emphasis on this BEFORE they do this procedure and really get more into the psychology of what this might do to the individual. Everyone is different and therefore handles this in very different ways.
I am getting so depressed I want to die due to turp induced retrograde ejaculation.  You know, this whole thing of my bladder not emptying fully occurred around xmas 2011.  And the main problem I had was almost a week of constipation.  In may of 2012, I had my turp. I thought I had a new lease on life after half a year of wearing a **** bag and then self cathetering(lesser evil of the two). Then about 4 or so weeks after turp i tried to masturbate(i'm a middle aged bachelor and haven't had a girlfriend in too long to mention).  I was mildly upset.  After trying it several more times till the present, it is devastating.  The main thing is you get more emotional tension released with semen release.  I find after having sex now leaves me more tense than ever due to this retrograde ejaculation.  I've had a life filled with emotional and physical pain.  Now I am having bowel problems for the past few months.  I talked to a gastroenterologist who replied to my question so casually: me: what is the connection between bladder problems and bowel problems. md: he puts his hands up, i wouldn't know.  The fact is there are many ways your bowel problems and urological problems can have a negative effect on the other. these doctors are so specialized today.  If we had the good serious committed doctors of another generation with the technology we have today(and we had a non profit medical system as in France)our progress would be a hundred years ahead.  And for one, turp would not result in retrograde ejaculation, there would be cures for most medical problems and we'd be living to 100+ years and not suffering from aging.  

I did do a search, and if memory serves me, I think there were some studies that had some successful results from surgically or procedural therapies reversing turp induced retrograde ejaculation.  If i find them i will post the search results.  Do a google scholar instead of a regular google search.  I'm sure there are better search engines than google on this subject matter, just have been too depressed, in pain, and tired to seek them.

ymouszanon
male
usa
I am glad for you that your orgasms still give you pleasure even though they are dry.  I am heterosexual but i doubt that has anything to do with my orgasms feeling like next to nothing.  I am very, very depressed.  I thought i had a new lease on life after turp and I thought i could finally start enjoying life along with having relationships and masturbating after mostly a life of lonliness due to a deep psychological condition which was made permanent when i was a young man and iatrogenically permanently damaged by psychiatry itself.  But even though the few sexual affairs I had and masturbation was pleasure able and more importantly alleviate emotional tension.  If you have any ideas to improve my sexual pleasure please reply.

dahszil
male
usa

thank you
I am very angry that my too young urological surgeon never mentioned the alternative called TUNA.  I have searched that it does not cause retrograde ejaculation.  And why was I never seen by a neurologist or even gastroentologist to see if these problems I have may have caused my urinary retention.  When I called this out of town prestigious University Medical Center I should have not let my desperation tell person in urology dept to give me an appointment as soon as possible.  She asked me which doctor I wanted to see.  I should have calmed down and did some research on who was the best urological surgeon at this medical center.  After I have my unsatisfying dry orgasm i actually get stiff in the neck and on my whole left side.  Again, I don't want to live anymore.

I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL FOR SOMEONE TO REPLY, PATIENT OR DOCTOR ON THIS FORUM OR IN MY INBOX AT MEDHELP

ymouszanon.

note: dahszil is another id i use on another message board.  how stupid i wrote that in my last post. now everyone knows both i.d.'s are one and the same person. apologies
extract from your post: "The procedure only did well for about 6 months when I ended up with the same problems. I was booked for a urodynamics test and it was found that I had a neurogenic bladder. This meant that I have to self cath several times a day."

Yours and the rest of us are victims of an unfettered, for profit medical system.  The neurogenic bladder was probably the problem in the first place not an enlarged prostate.  Doctors are quick to do surgery to make big money.  Your doctor like mine should have done the neurogenic bladder test first among other diagnostics before doing surgery.  From my limited research neurogenic bladder can be treated without a turp or other operations that cause permanent.  From what I gather it is a nervous system problem and can be treated by a neuroligist in concert with the urologist without ending up with permanent retrograde ejaculation  

After 6 months, and for the past several months I have become terribly depressed and distressed about my post turp retrograde ejaculation. My depression is making my health regress.   My doctor never told me anything about r.e. When I call him he doesn't give me the time of day.
And now I am having trouble urinating again.  

We should have all been more patient and done our own research, getting second opinions, etc.  But when you have a terrible time trying to pee or are self cathetering like I was, The doctor should be the one to be patient, have you tested for non invasive procedure, etc.  This is how doctors conduct themselves in France where they have a publicly national health service.

I am so upset, my post is non sequiter and confusing. apologies from me, but no apologies to this f'd up health and economic system in general in the USA .  May the 99% movement flourish and win in the end.

ymouszanon
male
usa
by the way the French publicly funded National Medical care system is ranked
number one in the world, technologically and regards to care.  Every one who is a French citizen pay their fair share to make it function and they are happy to. French doctors don't have to rush with their patients.  AND it is cheaper to run, and better than that in the USA.  Doctors are looked upon with great respect in France because they are not only healers but also highly regarded public servants.  

Doctors have to pay tons of money to go to medical school in the USA.  This leads them to exploit their patients as market share more than human beings
So now it is xmas.  And guess what: i have bladder retention again(and have to self catheter again) and the hellish teasing demon of being aroused but having an orgasm that is not only dull it downright causes me more tension.  i can't even bear to hear about the word sex anymore.  there is a series of events here.  and there should have been more testing for my real problem: a neurogenic bladder, not an enlarged prostate.  Even my family doctor told me my prostate was average size.  My god, i know 'i wear it on my sleeve', but life has become hell.  i wish i still had the irritation and uti(infections in the penis)from self cathetering and thats it.  At least i could still ejaculate.  Now I got both problems.  I am convinced this ******* urologist( like many) did the surgery for money and did not give a damn about the patient.  Again, thats what happens to many people with various medical problems in a for profit health system.  This **** never happens to patients in France, Sweden, Norway or even Cuba.  Doctors are public servants(and well paid and respected)in a public health system paid for the taxpayer. (don't tell me about the ******** where's the money going to come from.  it will come from the wealthy paying their fare share in taxes(no more loopholes, the "banksters", ending the bailouts and ending wars abroad--911 was an effect more than a cause. our post ww2 usa empire perpetrated much more misery and death prior to 911 to the muslim and other parts of the world, especially south america. but the "blowback" is deflected on the innocents instead of the corporate/military complex elite...yeah i know i a rambling...).  Greed:its the mother of all evil.
my urologist barely gives me the time of day
My feelings and fact of the matter same as yours.  Urologists are out to make a buck.  They will push you into surgery before advising you to for example to see if your urinary retention is due to a neurological problem.  So I had the turp, urinated like a donkey for several months and now have to catheter again. My doctor gave me about 5 minutes of his time and did not suggest any more testing, nor another procedure.  He said see me in 6 months. Again I'd rather be self cathetering several times a day with all the irritation and uti's than to have no sexual pleasure due to post turp complications.  It's not just retrograde ejaculation, its down right more suffering and stressful after dry orgasm.  You'd think in this day and age that they could rebuild or fix whatever it is they destroyed that ruins your sexual pleasure post turp.  It's is an outrage.  
You would think in this day and age there would be a procedure or genetic treatment to rebuild that part of the urinary/reproductive anatomy destroyed by TURP.  Could it be that urology minimizes turp permanent retrograde ejaculation and the sexual displeasure that goes with it?  And thus, there has been no initiative and research to "fix" urological operation induced permanent retrograde ejaculation

btw, whatever happened to "first do no harm"
You have hit the nail on the head.  I seem to be the only person writing on this thread now. Again, my young cocky, fast talking, over (i.e.under) achieving urologist never told me beforehand about retrograde ejaculation(re). At first I was happy to **** like a horse after the surgery.  But they were never long enough.  Now 5 months later I have to self catheter again.  I saw Dr. ******* about a week ago.  I drove 125 miles.  He gave me about 10 minutes of his time.  He tried to defend that re is not  the problem with my orgasms being without pleasure(its like the anatomy just going through the motions) and even painful and distressing.  And just told me I have to self catheter again and gave me a ******* appointment in half a year.  If would never meet this doctor again but to to induce retrograde ejaculation in him, the evil *******. But I won't, it's water that destroyed the damn.  I want to die, I have seen nowhere on the internet of a treatment of re caused by the destruction of the bladder sphincter(or whatever it's called) turp surgery.

The main point is this: My doctor committed medical malpractice and non consensual sterilization. He also perpetrated internal sexual mutilation.  But my doctor is like many urologist keep doing this outdated procedue from the 1970's(turp).  

I feel like a rare depressed alien in human skin when I am about in society.  I know the majority of people aren't "its" like those of us who have re or woman who have been sexually mutilated, but are fully human.  The foundation of the human race is the ability reproduce and the pleasure of sex.  There were probably off shoot like homo sapiens who could not ejaculate anymore and went into extinction.  I wish I could extinguish myself I am so depressed.

I would give my two legs and an arm to be able to be fully human again, that is to say ejaculate and feel pleasure having an orgasm instead of suffering from an orgasm that either feels like nothing or is painful.  I know a guy who is a paraplegic and his legs are amputated just 6 or so inches below his pelvis.  But he still has his penis and can ejaculate.  He has a wife, 3 children, and enjoys sex.  I'd trade places with him anyday.

It just goes to show you how dismissive most urologists are of surgery induced retrograde ejaculation and worse.  You would think in this day and age that urology would have a surgery, a synthetic valve or genetic treatment for re.  Just more proof how much they dismiss how devastating surgery induced retrograde ejaculation is.  
btw, I wish I never had turp as a cure to stop my having to self catheter to get enough urine out of my body.  I wish I never had turp and just continued to self catheter, the uti's, and the seemingly constant irritation in my phallus(penis) and have more tests like neurological ones.  But what did I know.  The doctor never told me about newer treatments like TUNA.  I even feel that my prostate was not that enlarged enough to have a turp and had some other cause for my bladder urine retention.  At least prior to turp I could still ejaculate and feel pleasure in an orgasm even though I had bladder retention and had to catheter myself 4 or 5 times a day.  NOW I HAVE RETROGRADE EJACULATION AND HAVE TO SELF CATHETER AGAIN ANYWAY.  MY GOD, HAVE SOME MERCY ON ME AND OTHERS LIKE ME!
I fully understand your feelings - I have been on the same boat. I got TURP in order to treat BPH over four years ago. As usual I, a naïve idiot, was never fully informed about side effects neither by my family doctor not by my urologist. I shall always remember the day when I discovered what happened to me - I became a member of the ... third, neuter gender.
The everyday, every minute feeling is total helplessness - nothing will help me cause is none available: no counselling, no prayers and no miracles, no money, no pills and no surgery will restore what I lost. One can get a kidney transplanted or an artificial limb - unfortunately fixing my problem is out of the question. What is left is overwhelming sadness and anger - I got to live with it till the end of my now meaningless life.
The worst is there is no way out. I got a family I do love and do not want them to suffer - I live for them and definitely not for myself...
I too am a gay man who has RE due to  bladder neck surgery. At first, Is was completely depressed about not being able to ejaculate. But, I too, found out that orgasms are now much more powerful, and last much longer than anything I had before the surgery. It's kinda a 50/50 tradeoff. I'd love to be able to ejaculate again, but then these monster orgasms wouldn't be happening then either. My urologist DID inform me of the risks with this surgery, but post-op he was a sadist and prescribed NO pain medication. I absolutely do not know what I would do if there was a way to reverse RE. That's just how mind blowing these orgasms can be.
my butcheroligist DR. QUENTON CANCEL never told me about retrograde ejaculation before doing my greenlight laser surgery either. and I hate that I ever had that surgery, it just was not worth it. I hope his prostate grows to the size of a grapefruit.
I've experienced retrograde ejaculation for about 5 years. I'm a gay male, 47, very fit, with no medical conditions and take no medications. I eat a healthy diet and take very good physical care of myself. There are no surgeries or procedures I can blame for this condition; it manifested itself almost overnight. In my case I sometimes (1 out of 20 ) do ejaculate; different amounts and with varying velocity; from a dribble to hitting my shoulder.
I've seen several Urologists and have been amazed how nonchalant and indifferent they've been to my queries shrugging their shoulders, shaking their heads and telling me I'm lucky I don't have something worse.
Like many of you, I miss the sensation or release ejaculation provides. It's part of the male sexual experience and I would like to find a way to correct this condition. We all seem to be in the same boat with little resource or hard facts. If anyone finds a therapy or physician that gives a damn, please post.  
I am a gay man that had a TURP probaly 2 years ago. My sex life before having the procedure wasn't great but as others have stated, a big part of the picture is having the ejaculate come out-at least in the gay community. I enjoyed sex with others and myself but now things are different. Things have changed.  I am so glad to read that others have the same problem. I actually got on the computer to see if there was a way to somehow reverse retrograde ejaculation and so far the amswer has been no. I don't feel like killing myself and will not let myself get depressed over this. Hell-if I can make it to ( my age-ha ha ) then I can survive this. Right before surgery the urologist mentioned about retrograde ejactulation, but with BPH, I needed to have something done now. One kidney was almost toast and the other was going to be next. Luckily both kidneys are now fine but the botto line is: The procedure was done to help me-it did- and I could be angry-which I am, but I go on and if someone special comes to my life-I'll let thenknow and we deal with it. Life goes on and you have to make the bwst of it. I empathize with all of you and I fel your pain and frustration-I just choose to move on and it's not easy--Good luck to us all
USA Today reports Urologist in CA was shot on the 28th
by patient after he had prostate surgery.
Patient's symptoms were worse after surgery.
Doctor specialized in Laser surgery.

Stanwood Fred Elkus of Lake Elsinore was arrested following the Monday afternoon attack and held on $1 million bail, according to the county jail website.
Elkus is suspected of killing Dr. Ronald Franklin Gilbert, 52, of Huntington Beach at the medical office in Orange County.
Police said they found Elkus and Gilbert in a second-floor room after several 911 callers reported six or seven shots fired. A gun was found at the scene.

Dr. Ronald Gilbert dealt with general urology, sexual dysfunction and related surgical techniques including vasectomies, bladder and prostate cancer, according to his biography on the website of the Orange Coast Urology Group, which he joined in 1993.
One of his specialties involved using a laser to vaporize prostate tissue blocking the urinary tract.

To me this event was only a matter of time.
http://www.nature.com/ijir/journal/v16/n5/full/3901202a.html#fig3

The above link shows a normal ejaculation from a patient who had
retrograde ejaculation.  
The procedure used was simple collagen injections to the bladder neck, does anybody
on here know anything about this procedure?

retrograde ejaculation.  

When you copy and paste link to browser, it opens half way down
article, just scroll to the top.
Unlike one poster who says that what keeps him from not wanting to stop living, is that he lives for his family.  I have no family to live for, so my depression can turn into suicidal thinking.  However a good doctor on medhelp replied to one of my posts on another discussion.  I have hope again and depression is lifting

I don't want to give out the name of medhelp doctor for confidentiality or liability but that doctor's who replied to my post in medhelp , may give us some hope.  Here is the most important part of that doctors reply to me about my question of any  possible procedures and surgeries to reverse Turp induced permanent retrograde ejaculation:

"....The surgeries include reconstruction of the internal vesical sphincter, revision innervation etc..."

At the very least, this may give us at least some hope.  I will try later to find out what the "etc" procedures are. Perhaps those of you who are in better psychological shape can do the research soon on procedures mentioned and the "etc".  Please leave me a personal message or just leave your findings on this discussion thread.  

I have not done any research yet.  I am just try to get out of this horrible depression.  So at this time, I am just trying to cultivate this hope and not do any more searching at this time and be let down again.  I am feeling better already and want to live again because this good doctor on medhelp at least suggested some possibilities albeit inconsistent.

best wishes to all.  we are all in this together and mutual aid in information we should share with each other.

ymouszanon
male
usa  
I'm also a gay male who had the Greenlight therapy, and now have RE. I was in a committed relationship, but my partner recently died, and now I have to go out there again, and explain to a partner why I can't ejaculate normally. Yes, the sensation is still there, although different. No "pumping" sensation that you used to get. But I feel like I'm permanently damaged, and that is depressing.
TURP and related procedures are intended to remove the majority of the prostate. If you look at the anatomy of the prostate, you will see that it is surrounded by a network of nerves and blood vessels.  It is closely involved with sexual function and most one of the main sources of orgasmic sensation.  Retrograde ejaculation is not the problem that causes loss of orgasmic sensation, it is probably most likely cause by the loss of the majority of the prostate gland.  Additionally, they remove a good portion of your ejaculatory ducts along with the prostate.  The ducts are probably cauterized during the procedure, resulting in a back up of any spermatic fluids.  That cant be good either.
All I hear is complaining, just be lucky you are alive and do have a penis and can have some feeling at all. I'm a war vet and my team and I got hit by an IED while trying to protect our country and our team members. Lost 2 of my war brothers, one dying in my arms with half his torso blown apart in my face. For me I had my legs blown off at the groin with no penis. Fellow solider grasped me around this area holding my blown off bottom to his chest to keep me alive. Rest of my life I have to urinate and defecate through bags.  Sex life..HA..I least have a life...and your problem is...?
I was diagnosed with BHP and put on Tamsulosin and now I have retrograde ejaculation and I would like to know if I stop the Tamsulosin with the RE go away?
Point taken.  I would say my sympathy to you, but evidently you don't need it because you have overcome one of the hardest pain and injury that anyone can have inflicted in life.  You are a very heroic, courageous and logical person.  My hat is off to you.

However, ironically, depression, emotional pain, and suicide are relative.  It's strange that the highest depression rates are in developed western countries and the highest percentages of depression and suicide is a demographic of individuals who have no appreciable health, social, food, housing, travel, money, etc problems.  

I suppose if we should just take our loses comparatively rather than relatively than maybe we could live with our semen not coming out our penises anymore.  

It is odd how devastated we an become when there are people who have much less, have lost much more, or work in miserable conditions in a sweat shop for 30 usd a month in the hell holes in this world that we americans get all our ****(we don't need)from wal mart, target, etc etc.

But is still very difficult for those of us who may not had much of sex life and were just starting and then it just does not relieve the sexual tension anymore.  perhaps if i was castrated i would not have a problem anymore. Because than I would have no desire to have an adequate orgasm or be attracted to the opposite sex anymore. And I do not mean that in a sarcastic manner towards you, perish the thought!    You see, when your sex drive is still there but has no adequate "outlet" you feel so much tension.  If you do some weight lifting, work out, etc, it just makes the sex drive increase.  It drives you to a maddening depression.

I will try to keep your post in mind and try to be grateful for life period. thank you  
WOW, VetsAlive. That has to be devastating -- I can't even imagine how one copes with such an event. Your story has crossed my mind several times and while I sympathize, I don't understand how your situation relates to this topic. Most men here are looking for answers to a situation that MAY be reversible. With all due respect, yours, sadly is not. If there is a procedure or therapy that can reverse/correct retrograde ejaculation I, for one, would like to know about it. Not just accept what others deem to be insignificant and not worth researching. What might sound like complaining is really frustration and anger at the lack if information available.  That's why were here...trying to gather information.
Navy100 posted this link: http://www.nature.com/ijir/journal/v16/n5/full/3901202a.html#fig3
Has anyone talk with their Urologist about this procedure?
I will forward to mine and report back.
His situation relates to this board because he is an inspiration.  His courage and fight just to live and appreciate life at its basic level.  I think his true story gives us hope that we can cope and get over what has been done to us by doctors or by fate. If you read my previous posts I have been in an almost suicidal state.  After reading VetsAlive admonishment But of course I will keep looking for information to correct the malpractice the urologist did to me. I just think we should keep in mind VetsAlive when we get obsessed, angry, depressed, etc, so we can take a deep breath and relax and look forward to tomorrow and just be thankful for being alive, just like VetsAlive does so. He is more of a "man" than all of us put together.
Strange I have never had any of these surgeries yet after having my gallbladder removed about 3 weeks went by and I had something go wrong where I could not urinate with out so much pain I wanted to scream. I was put in the hospital as they insisted I was having a heart attack, I kept saying no I just can not pee. After 5 days and a ton of antibiotics God knows why they changed there mind and had no idea why the tests showed that. But I was told by a Dr much later that if I had a prostate infection it might have shown the same things in my blood tests. All I know is I still feel like I am blocked when I urinate it takes a wile and if I pinch it off and let it build I then urinate good for a little wile but wile I am pinching it off the burning inside my penis is a ***** and when I am done urinating I then bleed for a bit. Oh and after being in the hospital for the problem I now have retrograde ejaculation. I guess I will never know why. I have asked but they always change the conversation like it’s not worth talking about. The assholes. Cliff
God bless brother, and thank you for your service and extreme sacrifice!!!
Ymouszaon,

I am trying to post but cannot see it on here.  Has your condition gotten any easier to live with?  I have the same RE condition and it is very hard to deal with.  Does it get any better?  I hate it so much.  Will I never feel that wonderful calm feeling that comes after an orgasm again?

Jwb43
quote:
Originally posted by jwb43:
Navy 100 please update us on how the additional colligen injections went. And who is your doctor. I really need to know please. I have RE and will do anything to undo it.

jwb43

Here is my update from having the second round of collagen injections 3 weeks ago.
I show improvement and have had an antegrade ejaculation. However it is not close to the force that it was prior to the laser surgery.
It is more of a small squirt and oozing of ejaculate. It is an improvement and the sensation is better.
I believe that the bladder neck is closing and
the real problem is the hollowing out of the prostate. The ejaculate is coming forward, but hitting that open space and loosing it's forward velocity.
I am hoping over time the prostate fills in and the ejaculation gets stronger.
The procedure itself is simple and only about 30-45 minutes, but they do put you to sleep for it, so it's about a 4 hour hospital stay.
Only side affect I had was a small burning with
a few bits of small tissue while urinating, and that only lasted about 48 hours.
Cost- I got my insurance to pay most of the cost, but it still cost me $3500 out of pocket.
You need to be creative when dealing with your insurance company, so "Incontinence" is the reason I used for having the procedure, because that's what collagen injections to the bladder neck are really for.
The doctor I used was Dr. Grocela of Mass General hospital, 617 726-8475.
If you don't live in New England you can try Urologists in your area that do collagen injections for incontinence.
I am glad I had it done, although I am not getting the results I had before laser surgery,
it is an improvement and I'm hoping over time it improves more. Not only that, it is about the only procedure I have found to try to correct RE and it is a very low risk procedure.
I hope this helps.
Not only would I have him under go the TURP surgery, I have screamed at him and told him that he has no business practicing medicine. This is the worst thing that has ever happened to me.
He gave me a prescription for MUSE, a inter urethral suppository not covered by any insurance. I go to the VA so I only pay $8 , but it's very expensive otherwise.
That being said, it's painful and only causes an erection. It's painful and my penis stays painful long after I have a "So called" orgasm. The orgasm is really nothing. Not only do I not ejaculate, it only lasts for an instant and not the least bit satisfying.
These Drs. have no clue what really happens to a man after this surgery.
My sugestion, if you won't die, don't do it. Though I sometimes think dying would be better than what I'm left with.
I'm sorry, but Marine did indeed hit the nail on the head, and he's right to blame the doctor, because most doctors--like mine--don't tell you that retrograde ejaculation is incurable and profoundly affects your sex life.  Although in my case, I had no choice; I had to get the surgery (started out as laser surgery, then had to be finished with TURP), at age 47, because I was constantly having to urinate, and even Flomax wasn't helping.  So compared to the humiliation and stress of having to constantly urinate, retrograde ejaculation wasn't as bad---barely.
Hey Singh:  Do YOU have retrograde ejack?  You think it's no big deal, huh?  Well, if it's no big deal, then I hope you have to get TURP surgery and deal with it!!  You just go right on thinking of yourself as aloof and professional, and the hell with all of us surgery victims who have the  misfortune to "exaggerate" the misery of retrograde ejack.
Jim I sympathise completely. The worst thing to happen to me is that I have no enjoyment of sex at all after the turp. The burning sensation of a retro ejaculate on a semi erect penis with most of the nerves damaged is not worth the effort. I offered my doctor basically any price to reverse the situation. Of course he said nothing could be done. What really annoyed me was that I panicked when I had an elevated PSA and went to a highly recommended surgeon. It turns out that I didn't have prostate cancer after the 14 biopsies he did during the Turp procedure revealed. There are so many other treatments I could have explored as I later found out after my penis and sex life was butchered. Two years on my wife and I no longer have sex and whilst I have the material trappings of success I suffer from a hollowness and depression that can't be described. My advice to any man with symptoms of prostate cancer is to have a Turp operation ONLY  after having explored every other option. It is so sad to have to live with this every day.
thanks for the description and improvement you are feeling.   an excerpt from your comment: "It is more of a small squirt and oozing of ejaculate. It is an improvement and the sensation is better."  Sounds a lot better than the dry orgasms i get which give no sensation and leave me tense rather than giving relief of sexual tension.

I went to the link you left on the comment forum "reverse retrogade ejaculation".  All of the afflicted with re did not have re(retrograde ejaculation)due to that malpractice called TURP.

Problem is in the US doctors can make a patent and keep a treatment expensive.  I know its despicable but that is what we get with a winner takes all for profit medical system.

The thing that drives me crazy, is that my prostate was never the problem in the first place.  You would think in this day and age they would have implants, surgeries, or genetic regrowth of the prostate or something like that.

Someon said on this forum they would like to kill their urologist.  thats too good for the ones who don't give two bits about patients like the ones that ruined us.  I feel a turp done to them would be better than they can suffer for life like how we have too.

thanks to all
thank you so much. it gives me hope. now how to get the money. i doubt my insurance will cover it.  if i lived in France, Norway, Chile, or any other sane compassionate country public medicine would cover it.  We should stop wasting money on wars, make the wealthy pay their fair share, and we would have more than enough for national health care for all.
Exactly, well said
The Dr. said it would feel the same and the semen would pass through the urine. Nothing about the loss of sensation I used to get from shooting my sperm. And, it's embarrassing when a girl asks about there being no ***.

My apologies for taking so long to reply.  I have been going through hell with this turp induced re(dry orgasm), family problems, being alone(looking for new real time friends in my city), and several other medical conditions, etc etc. But the dry orgasm is the worst because I get no sexual tension relief (which is vital to health whether via masturbation or with another person)like so many others. I've written much but what really makes me mad is that my current urologist says i probably never had an enlarged prostate to begin with because i still have to self catheter several times a day to save my kidneys. What I have is a neurogenic bladder and I am now seeing a neurologist.

See this comment:Navy100  Sep 22, 2013To: jwb43 and this one:Navy100  
Mar 02, 2013. copy and paste this into your browser:

it says in so many words:  

"The above link shows a normal ejaculation from a patient who had
retrograde ejaculation.  
on here know anything about this procedure?"

Your reply to me: "I am trying to post but cannot see it on here.  Has your condition gotten any easier to live with?  I have the same RE condition and it is very hard to deal with.  Does it get any better?  I hate it so much.  Will I never feel that wonderful calm feeling that comes after an orgasm again?  Jwb43"

Answer: I am the same way you are.  But the link and the posts I refer to herein, should give all of us some hope.  I just hope my insurance can cover those collagen ejections, I don't have a third of the cost for the procedure in all my savings combined.

I don't get too many comments addressed to me. stay in touch my friend.  feel free to send a personal message.

ymouszanon
Getting murdered was too good for that urologist.  He needs to suffer his whole life with a botched operation on him like was done to us.
You are 100 percent right. My Doctor hounded me to have it done and assured me that i would not have any more problems and not need any more prostate medications. When I asked him what were the side effects, he said none. I was very hesitant to have it done but his receptionist kept calling me and rescheduling me for the procedure and he kept assuring me that there would be no down side to the procedure. After I had it done, I discovered That I could not get erections as much or have ejaculations and asked him why he did not tell me about the retrograde ejaculations and that Son of A ***** said Well, You are not going to have anymore Children are you? Then he told me that it would go away in a couple of months. It didn't. Then he said he had a procedure to reverse it do I had it done and it didn't work. After I tried to contact him again, his receptionist gave me a hard time every time and I was never able to get him again. That lying Son of A ***** got Paid two times for unnecessary procedures and didn't give a Damn about anything except the money he was getting to buy his fancy suits and cars. I want to kill that rotten Lying Son of A ***** Sooo bad my mouth taste bitter every time I think about him.
I had this butchery 3 years ago and live in a state of depression ever since. I was not told of other treatments and had a ridiculous (and misplaced) faith in my surgeon who at no time suggested other forms of non emasculatory procedures.

Not a day goes by that I regret the decision to have a TURP. So many men on forums that I have read suffer the way we do. I would donate a large sum of money to a fund for research into some way to reverse it. A reverse valve or something? Nobody even seems prepared to think of a solution. Thats the annoying part.

I am 50 yrs old ...  I had my TURP one month ago..  I was aware of RE before the procedure and chose to do it, because of the BPH problems I had.. Couple of days ago, I decided to masturbate to see how it feels...
and it does feel weird, empty and incomplete..   it wasn't also totally bad..
Well, it is what it is..  Now looking at the positive side, any techniques you folks have done to enhance the feeling?  would things like 'edging' help?
Your feedback is appreciated.
http://forums.menshealth.com/topic/63643898168922968

This post above has a number of letters about men in suffering. If you equate the number of men who have had the procedure to the number of complaints, then there is either some innocent ignorance or suffering.
Consultants do not talk about R.E. in detail as it prolongs the consultation for process to surgery.
I am noticing younger men get hit with prostate issues and there has to be a link with diet, sexual activity and too much anaerobic sport like weight training.
Ejaculations and sex is NOT the same after any form of surgery either TURP or HOLEP.
The question is the choice between the devil and the deep blue sea??
Surgeons because of the risk of legal action against them, are now offering TUNA needle ablation and bladder neck incision of the prostate.
The popularity of TURP and HOLEP is waning some what.
Removing a mans ability to procreate or enjoy sex is a very dangerous modem of operand i to fall down on.
The orgasm is NOT the same and I challenge any prostate surgeon or urologist on this.
The practice of ill advice needs to cease, it is not funny nor is it professional.
Prostate doctors need to find better ways of dealing with urinary retention other than blasting the bladder neck valve to kingdom come.
I have to self-cath and so am subject to frequent urinary infections. I haven't had to take antibiotics, however, because I take d-mannose, which is very effective at flushing the e-coli germs out. D-mannose is a harmless form of sugar. It comes in a powdered form. Try taking 1/2 tsp/day (dissolved in water) unless you have an infection, at which time you increase the dose to 1/2 tsp (or more if necessary) 3x/day. The mannose attaches to e-coli and makes it hard for the bugs to hang onto the surfaces of the urinary tract and so they are flushed out when urinating. Cheapest is Now brand on Amazon, and it works great.
This forum topic is indicative of most men who have had turp inflicted upon them.  All of us have been treated like numbers and inflicted with one of the worst things that could happen to a man: becoming neither male nor female but an "it". Worse than decreased sexual pleasure is that dry orgasm does not relieve sexual tension barely at all. We become more tense and depressed.  thus our health in general goes downhill.

Indeed a majority of persons in the world suffers poverty and misery.  But the lack of what continues the species, the vital life force: sexuality, is a relative, singular type of suffering.

ymous anon
male
american  
and the most devastating thing is that my current urologist concludes i probably never had an enlarged prostate because i still have to catheter several times a day.  He says my bladder is neurogenic.  So i was better before because i could still ejaculate.  I feel this banality of everyday acceptance of malpractice and our US, insurance industry corrupted medical system is at the core of the problem of US medical care has become several tiered and healing and Hippocratic Oath are after thoughts
I am now 76 years old. I had my turp procedure several years ago. As most in this discussion relate, I have not been the same since.
I have been searching for an outlet to tak about and research possible reversals.
I would definitely like to hear from any or all who have commented.
I had a TURP 2 years ago  It was all explained to me.... I am 63 now.  My prostate was large and I could not pee, I had catheter after catheter. Blockages in them blood clots...  almost died  The bladder used to spasm and the pain was unbearable.  I begged for the turp after the stress cause a heart attack.  I can pee great now and I am still alive.. I suggest you complaining fools should be luck you are alive still.  The prostate will only get worse if not treated and you could die.. my father died as he refused to turp.  So get real and thank your doctor you are alive to whinge.
I'm glad it worked for you. In my case, the operation was successful but the patient died. The bottom line for me is that no thought to possible reversal was put into turp. This is unacceptable.
If I had to do it over again, I would have prayed for the patience I didn't have. I have it now, but I fear it's too late.
I know I'm perhaps "whining" a bit, but the truth is the truth.
Anyway, I appreciate the back and forth, as, until now, I have had just one-way conversationsf, and that can get pretty boring.
"First do no harm" now means "choose the treatment most likely to result in minimizing the chance that the patient will return with the same problem and so cause the insurer more money for treating the same problem."
Also, you got a problem with depression after dealing with RE? OK, we give you 3 or 4 visits with a Psychiatric Social Worker to deal with that.
To dream Detective in answer to "The prostate will only get worse if not treated and you could die.. ... So get real and thank your doctor you are alive to whinge." Its not a matter of cursing or thanking your Doc.  It is a matter of designing a more human system where Docs get their satisfaction from doing the best for their patients as opposed to getting to be best at playing games with the insurer.  The profit motive and the absolute need for accountability in terms of numbers of procedures done, number of return visits, and the need to minimize diagnostic visits before selecting a final treatment has pushed more and more physicians into specialties where their incomes are determined by number of procedures done.  Now, they are doing the same thing with public education. Classifying children by scores in tests and judging their teachers by the average score their classes received in standard tests and judging (and closing) schools based on average test scores of the children wo regard to whether they are living in poverty or in some gated community at the edge of town) and forcing children into job-tracks (like STEM and subgroups for programmers, Biologists, Energy Scientists or whatever) beginning at ages 6, 7, 8 and on (when there are no indications that jobs will exist for them) when they graduate is inhuman.  We are trying to make life into a mechanized process so that the value of each input can be calculated and used to make decisions on how to optimize the system's output or how much money should be paid to teachers whose students get test scores within one range or another.  Those who run our economy think they got where they are by virtue of natural ability and hard work (rather than by cheating and pushing others out of the way), so they think that every one should be compensated according to some metric that measure ability and effort. So system designs are influenced more by the ability of procedures to produce measurable outputs than overall satisfaction and health of the populace.  You are just a set of statistics and your satisfaction and degree of communication with your doctor does not count for anything.
Here and there in my many posts I have been saying the same thing.  That the problem with healt care in the USA is a systemic problem not just a bad doctor problem.  indeed i have complained about one particular urologist, but in hindsight all 4 of them never gave me a clue as to what was going on.  They are just too busy pushing as many patients through as possible because they are in a corrupt system
well its been over two years and my dry orgasms just become more painful and give no sexual tension relief.  my penis is also crocked but that is neither here nor there unless that is scar or other tissue that is making dry orgasm more painful.  You know still urologists find the prostate a mystery, but you read and look at physiology and anatomy text books from 20 years ago and you can see that the prostate is integral in producing most of the juices for the semen which transports your sperm out your penis.  And also they destroy a sphincter that in someone with a prostate that closes so your semen does not dump into the bladder but flows out your penis during orgasm.  I think turp is destructive and it makes me angry that i still have to catheter which leads my current urologist to conclude it was never an enlarged prostate to begin with but bladder problems.  well i did read somewhere that they have regrown prostates in rats.  I would be willing to be a human guinnea pig anywhere on this earth, just so they give me some good drugs like opioids and benzos to keep me from killing myself if it fails.

In two years I haven't gone to doctors barely at all, i have lost so much faith in the us medical system.  i got a real bad arthritic neck and knee but i will not go through the knee replacement a orthopaedic surgeon recommended.

**** the world, i want to get off
Hi.  I'm British and had TURP about 10 years ago for trace blood in my urine.  Ridiculous!  Have had RE ever since which has ruined my life in many ways!

I have only just found this site, and wondered if Navy 100 could provide a further update on the results of his collagen treatment.  Also, has any one else has tried the procedure, and with what result?