Reverse Retrograde Ejaculation?
My prostate was "re-sectioned" and following that procedure, I now have retrograde ejaculations.  I don't like them and any orgasm I have now is different and not as profound as those when I ejaculated externally.  As a matter of fact, retrograde ejaculations keep me from having any sexual relation with anyone and keeps me from masturbating, as well, since there is an unpleasant feeling in my penis following a retrograde ejaculation.  

Is there anything to be done to reverse retrograde ejaculations, so that my ejaculations would be external?
Russ
The Dr. said it would feel the same and the semen would pass through the urine. Nothing about the loss of sensation I used to get from shooting my sperm. And, it's embarrassing when a girl asks about there being no ***.

My apologies for taking so long to reply.  I have been going through hell with this turp induced re(dry orgasm), family problems, being alone(looking for new real time friends in my city), and several other medical conditions, etc etc. But the dry orgasm is the worst because I get no sexual tension relief (which is vital to health whether via masturbation or with another person)like so many others. I've written much but what really makes me mad is that my current urologist says i probably never had an enlarged prostate to begin with because i still have to self catheter several times a day to save my kidneys. What I have is a neurogenic bladder and I am now seeing a neurologist.

See this comment:Navy100  Sep 22, 2013To: jwb43 and this one:Navy100  
Mar 02, 2013. copy and paste this into your browser:
http://www.nature.com/ijir/journal/v16/n5/full/3901202a.html#fig3

it says in so many words:  

"The above link shows a normal ejaculation from a patient who had
retrograde ejaculation.  
The procedure used was simple collagen injections to the bladder neck, does anybody
on here know anything about this procedure?"

Your reply to me: "I am trying to post but cannot see it on here.  Has your condition gotten any easier to live with?  I have the same RE condition and it is very hard to deal with.  Does it get any better?  I hate it so much.  Will I never feel that wonderful calm feeling that comes after an orgasm again?  Jwb43"

Answer: I am the same way you are.  But the link and the posts I refer to herein, should give all of us some hope.  I just hope my insurance can cover those collagen ejections, I don't have a third of the cost for the procedure in all my savings combined.

I don't get too many comments addressed to me. stay in touch my friend.  feel free to send a personal message.

ymouszanon
Getting murdered was too good for that urologist.  He needs to suffer his whole life with a botched operation on him like was done to us.
You are 100 percent right. My Doctor hounded me to have it done and assured me that i would not have any more problems and not need any more prostate medications. When I asked him what were the side effects, he said none. I was very hesitant to have it done but his receptionist kept calling me and rescheduling me for the procedure and he kept assuring me that there would be no down side to the procedure. After I had it done, I discovered That I could not get erections as much or have ejaculations and asked him why he did not tell me about the retrograde ejaculations and that Son of A ***** said Well, You are not going to have anymore Children are you? Then he told me that it would go away in a couple of months. It didn't. Then he said he had a procedure to reverse it do I had it done and it didn't work. After I tried to contact him again, his receptionist gave me a hard time every time and I was never able to get him again. That lying Son of A ***** got Paid two times for unnecessary procedures and didn't give a Damn about anything except the money he was getting to buy his fancy suits and cars. I want to kill that rotten Lying Son of A ***** Sooo bad my mouth taste bitter every time I think about him.
I had this butchery 3 years ago and live in a state of depression ever since. I was not told of other treatments and had a ridiculous (and misplaced) faith in my surgeon who at no time suggested other forms of non emasculatory procedures.

Not a day goes by that I regret the decision to have a TURP. So many men on forums that I have read suffer the way we do. I would donate a large sum of money to a fund for research into some way to reverse it. A reverse valve or something? Nobody even seems prepared to think of a solution. Thats the annoying part.

I am 50 yrs old ...  I had my TURP one month ago..  I was aware of RE before the procedure and chose to do it, because of the BPH problems I had.. Couple of days ago, I decided to masturbate to see how it feels...
and it does feel weird, empty and incomplete..   it wasn't also totally bad..
Well, it is what it is..  Now looking at the positive side, any techniques you folks have done to enhance the feeling?  would things like 'edging' help?
Your feedback is appreciated.
Did you ever get any feedback on techniques to enhance the admittedly diminished but not totally bad experience we are all faced with?
http://forums.menshealth.com/topic/63643898168922968

This post above has a number of letters about men in suffering. If you equate the number of men who have had the procedure to the number of complaints, then there is either some innocent ignorance or suffering.
Consultants do not talk about R.E. in detail as it prolongs the consultation for process to surgery.
I am noticing younger men get hit with prostate issues and there has to be a link with diet, sexual activity and too much anaerobic sport like weight training.
Ejaculations and sex is NOT the same after any form of surgery either TURP or HOLEP.
The question is the choice between the devil and the deep blue sea??
Surgeons because of the risk of legal action against them, are now offering TUNA needle ablation and bladder neck incision of the prostate.
The popularity of TURP and HOLEP is waning some what.
Removing a mans ability to procreate or enjoy sex is a very dangerous modem of operand i to fall down on.
The orgasm is NOT the same and I challenge any prostate surgeon or urologist on this.
The practice of ill advice needs to cease, it is not funny nor is it professional.
Prostate doctors need to find better ways of dealing with urinary retention other than blasting the bladder neck valve to kingdom come.
I have to self-cath and so am subject to frequent urinary infections. I haven't had to take antibiotics, however, because I take d-mannose, which is very effective at flushing the e-coli germs out. D-mannose is a harmless form of sugar. It comes in a powdered form. Try taking 1/2 tsp/day (dissolved in water) unless you have an infection, at which time you increase the dose to 1/2 tsp (or more if necessary) 3x/day. The mannose attaches to e-coli and makes it hard for the bugs to hang onto the surfaces of the urinary tract and so they are flushed out when urinating. Cheapest is Now brand on Amazon, and it works great.
This forum topic is indicative of most men who have had turp inflicted upon them.  All of us have been treated like numbers and inflicted with one of the worst things that could happen to a man: becoming neither male nor female but an "it". Worse than decreased sexual pleasure is that dry orgasm does not relieve sexual tension barely at all. We become more tense and depressed.  thus our health in general goes downhill.

Indeed a majority of persons in the world suffers poverty and misery.  But the lack of what continues the species, the vital life force: sexuality, is a relative, singular type of suffering.

ymous anon
male
american  
and the most devastating thing is that my current urologist concludes i probably never had an enlarged prostate because i still have to catheter several times a day.  He says my bladder is neurogenic.  So i was better before because i could still ejaculate.  I feel this banality of everyday acceptance of malpractice and our US, insurance industry corrupted medical system is at the core of the problem of US medical care has become several tiered and healing and Hippocratic Oath are after thoughts
I am now 76 years old. I had my turp procedure several years ago. As most in this discussion relate, I have not been the same since.
I have been searching for an outlet to tak about and research possible reversals.
I would definitely like to hear from any or all who have commented.
I had a TURP 2 years ago  It was all explained to me.... I am 63 now.  My prostate was large and I could not pee, I had catheter after catheter. Blockages in them blood clots...  almost died  The bladder used to spasm and the pain was unbearable.  I begged for the turp after the stress cause a heart attack.  I can pee great now and I am still alive.. I suggest you complaining fools should be luck you are alive still.  The prostate will only get worse if not treated and you could die.. my father died as he refused to turp.  So get real and thank your doctor you are alive to whinge.
I'm glad it worked for you. In my case, the operation was successful but the patient died. The bottom line for me is that no thought to possible reversal was put into turp. This is unacceptable.
If I had to do it over again, I would have prayed for the patience I didn't have. I have it now, but I fear it's too late.
I know I'm perhaps "whining" a bit, but the truth is the truth.
Anyway, I appreciate the back and forth, as, until now, I have had just one-way conversationsf, and that can get pretty boring.
"First do no harm" now means "choose the treatment most likely to result in minimizing the chance that the patient will return with the same problem and so cause the insurer more money for treating the same problem."
Also, you got a problem with depression after dealing with RE? OK, we give you 3 or 4 visits with a Psychiatric Social Worker to deal with that.
To dream Detective in answer to "The prostate will only get worse if not treated and you could die.. ... So get real and thank your doctor you are alive to whinge." Its not a matter of cursing or thanking your Doc.  It is a matter of designing a more human system where Docs get their satisfaction from doing the best for their patients as opposed to getting to be best at playing games with the insurer.  The profit motive and the absolute need for accountability in terms of numbers of procedures done, number of return visits, and the need to minimize diagnostic visits before selecting a final treatment has pushed more and more physicians into specialties where their incomes are determined by number of procedures done.  Now, they are doing the same thing with public education. Classifying children by scores in tests and judging their teachers by the average score their classes received in standard tests and judging (and closing) schools based on average test scores of the children wo regard to whether they are living in poverty or in some gated community at the edge of town) and forcing children into job-tracks (like STEM and subgroups for programmers, Biologists, Energy Scientists or whatever) beginning at ages 6, 7, 8 and on (when there are no indications that jobs will exist for them) when they graduate is inhuman.  We are trying to make life into a mechanized process so that the value of each input can be calculated and used to make decisions on how to optimize the system's output or how much money should be paid to teachers whose students get test scores within one range or another.  Those who run our economy think they got where they are by virtue of natural ability and hard work (rather than by cheating and pushing others out of the way), so they think that every one should be compensated according to some metric that measure ability and effort. So system designs are influenced more by the ability of procedures to produce measurable outputs than overall satisfaction and health of the populace.  You are just a set of statistics and your satisfaction and degree of communication with your doctor does not count for anything.
Here and there in my many posts I have been saying the same thing.  That the problem with healt care in the USA is a systemic problem not just a bad doctor problem.  indeed i have complained about one particular urologist, but in hindsight all 4 of them never gave me a clue as to what was going on.  They are just too busy pushing as many patients through as possible because they are in a corrupt system
well its been over two years and my dry orgasms just become more painful and give no sexual tension relief.  my penis is also crocked but that is neither here nor there unless that is scar or other tissue that is making dry orgasm more painful.  You know still urologists find the prostate a mystery, but you read and look at physiology and anatomy text books from 20 years ago and you can see that the prostate is integral in producing most of the juices for the semen which transports your sperm out your penis.  And also they destroy a sphincter that in someone with a prostate that closes so your semen does not dump into the bladder but flows out your penis during orgasm.  I think turp is destructive and it makes me angry that i still have to catheter which leads my current urologist to conclude it was never an enlarged prostate to begin with but bladder problems.  well i did read somewhere that they have regrown prostates in rats.  I would be willing to be a human guinnea pig anywhere on this earth, just so they give me some good drugs like opioids and benzos to keep me from killing myself if it fails.

In two years I haven't gone to doctors barely at all, i have lost so much faith in the us medical system.  i got a real bad arthritic neck and knee but i will not go through the knee replacement a orthopaedic surgeon recommended.

**** the world, i want to get off
Hi.  I'm British and had TURP about 10 years ago for trace blood in my urine.  Ridiculous!  Have had RE ever since which has ruined my life in many ways!

I have only just found this site, and wondered if Navy 100 could provide a further update on the results of his collagen treatment.  Also, has any one else has tried the procedure, and with what result?
Facebook:  BPH Laser Prostatectomy Support
I've never seen a medical procedure with so much complains and unhappiness and I'm  one of them. Surely a urologist should be held responsible for telling a patient about all the different procedures and all the side effects. And if he cant do it or believe in a procedure he should still tell you about it. But I think the urologists only tell us about the procedures that will make the most money for them.
Frik
Thanks for your comment. But unlike many wives that understand, mine divorced me as I had little desire for sex and it was painful and unsatisfying when I did, especially with the MUSE.
Now, I don't dare try to even date as I know I won't be able to satisfy them at all.
My ex wife now calls me gay because I don't get aroused with her.
It's so depressing, I have constant thoughts of suicide because of it.
I had prostate surgery last year at the Ventura County Hospital, with an insane PSA of 109.  I thought the surgery was for an enlarged prostate. I was only told the name of the surgery less than 4-days before surgery, called "TURP".  The release form says nothing about consequences or benefits of "TURP".

My Loma Linda doctor told me months after that TURP does nothing for an enlarged prostate.  My VC medical records show I was urinating, "no urgency" "fairly good stream".  Radiographic exam also showed a "cystic structure" which turned out to be "high-risk cancer".  The VC doctor claims in my medical records that he was aware the "cyst" was a prostate tumor before surgery.  Well, that puts more of an onus on him to NOT do the TURP surgery.  According to my Loma Linda doctor, the informal name for "TURP" is "roto-rooter" and it may stir-up cancer.  

My VC medical records claim I did not want children, I said no such thing!  And, a large paragraph of consequences "TURP" could or would create were also in my VC medical records that were never discussed with me.  The said paragraph was written suspiciously after surgery when I was coming out of unconsciousness.  For example,"alternatives", no "alternatives" were ever discussed with me [or was any medication(s) tried first].  And, TURP delayed cancer treatment by many months.  I am now sterile, have low libido/said dissatisfaction, and incontinent after every single urination.  I was never incontinent before.  We are not "complainers", the negative effects of TURP are real and avoidable.  We should do a class-action lawsuit in federal court to stop this madness that benefits the doctor but not the patient.  

After 45 treatments of Loma Linda Proton Therapy my PSA is now 2.14, near normal.  It is my understanding Proton Therapy shrinks an enlarged prostate too.  VC doctors did an unnecessary, life altering potentially dangerous surgery for no reason.  Radio-graphic exam, rectal biopsy, PSA's, and Proton Therapy were all that were probably needed.
I'm 59. I had the Green Light TURP about 5 weeks ago. The catheter needed to stay in a week due to swelling. I had blood clots and bleeding on and off for about 4 weeks. Also picked up an infection from having to self catheterize a couple of times. The infection is improving.

Since I was unable to urinate at all the GL surgery was a success in my mind. I was cleared to have sex and so far the first couple of orgasms have produced no ejaculate and the sensation is somewhat different. So the trade off was to either have a Foley forever and no sex or have the surgery and be able to urinate normally, but with slightly different sexual function.
Hang in there friend.  You can see my posts and many others are having same problem.  I have posted the same thing as wanting to commit suicide. but i am now hopeful of more work in regrowth genetics going on.  They have regrown destroyed prostates in mice.  After several years i am starting to get rid of some tension after dry orgasm.  but its barely enough.  having a thorough orgasm is vital to health.  Somehow we have to have an international and national organization that pushes for our right to get our wet orgasms back and sensual nerve endings regrown after this dark ages procedure called turp.  hang in there, do not destroy yourself.  there is real hope believe me
Well, I had the procedure done 3 times. The 1st. lasted 1 week. I started to bleed real bad. The Dr. said meet him at the ER. I had emergency surgery and the procedure was done again. About 10 years later I had to do it for the 3rd time. That was 1978. No more sex. I am kicking 80 and still miss it. I have been married over 58 years to the greatest little lady God ever created. Found out SEX really is'nt all there is in life. It's really loving one another.
As for the person that said he didn't want to live?
                 Stop feeling sorry for yourself! Life goes on_____!
I had suffered 2 yrs with bph.....i would be at work and all of a sudden i was all wet and didnt feel myself pee. I was working 50 to 60 hrs a week, eventually i was let go. I went for treatment eventually because i had to wear 10 diapers a day. I lost  everything and became homeless and wore a catheter for 1 yr. Then I had TURP.
I  changed my life drastically. I no longer pee uncontrollably...my kidneys are normal again......my bladder that once had a liter of pee constantly in it that made me sick and nauseous is emptying normally again..and no cancer....and i truly feel heathy and young and my orgasms feel great.
I am 55 yo..got a job and soon will be getting my own place again.
I cant thank my urologist enough, without the surgery I would have probably ended up with kidney failure or severe infection and death.
If a partner cant accept the fact that i produce little or no semen they are not worth being part of my life.

He or she may not give you the time of day, but I bet they kindly take your money.
I had the operation done about 2009 and I agree entirely with what you have said, I am also very angry with the Doctor because enough information was not given to me. Had I have known the outcome I would never have had the operation.
I had the operation in 2009 and I don't remember the Doctor telling me anything about it effecting my sex life. I wasn't sexually active at the time so I never noticed anything now that I am I actually was referred to another Doctor because I didn't understand why I couldn't ejaculate any more. Now I know what the problem is It has caused depression etc. I would never have had the operation had I known the problems it causes.
I had the TURP laser and am GLAD I did!

SO much better urination and almost NO urine retention immediately after urinating (and it's "urinating," not peeing, for cripe's sakes - you're not a 5 year-old, are you?)

As for the reduced ejaculating, GET OVER IT, for heaven's sakes! So, you can't "blow your load" any longer. Who friggin' cares! It's less of a mess, too. The orgasm is still there; be happy with that.
Hi All
From birth i have had to deal with urinating issues,having had a hypospadias repair at an early age i can't tell you how hard puberty was... kids can be cruel... Teachers not letting me go to the toilet, then the anguish of meeting girls.What i would of given to be normal. After many years of constantly needing to urinate i go to a urologist who tells me i have BHP. after a look inside and stretching everything he also has to remove hair growing in the urethra at the hypospadias repair causing stricture. Puts me on flowmaxtra and that would be that.Well it didnt last,i didn't like RE so stopped the flowmaxtra of which the dose got more and more.NOW just yesterday new urologist does a cystoscopy,removes hair again, stretches the urethra at the hypospadias repair.Then tells me he thinks i'll be up for bladder neck widening. I am 45 my wife is 34 and i am terrified of the future either way,have the surgery or not??.I have had anger and anguish and maybe some depression about this my whole life.The person that finds a way to compromise these two issues [ RE and Normal urinating] will be rich and famous
Legal action against doctors performing this unnecessary procedure sounds logic to me.
I, too had the TURP procedure and, of course, I now have retrograde ejaculation ( which I call "INJACUATION).  I agree that orgasm is not a satisfying as it was, but it is, thus far, not unacceptable.  I expect that I'm older than many of the people posting here, but don't believe, even for a moment, that sex at age 68 ( wife is 67 and looks 50) is less important than it was when we were younger.  I guess that, if I had to make the decision knowing what I now know I probably would not have had the procedure, but it has not ruined my life.  Tell you the truth, though, I think the doctor should have made this a more prominent topic of presurgicsl discussion. I don't think he was honest.
Question about how to use alpha-blockers and still have good sex.

I have been taking alpha blockers afusozin or Rapaflow, to deal with my BPH issues.  I have been told by my urologist that when the prostate continues to grow, that at some point in the future, the medication may no longer be effective.  So even now, while it is effective at allowing me to live a normal life without the urge to urinate 4 times an hour (not all day but at certain times of the day), there are still some sexual side effects.  The strength of climax is diminished, and the amount of ejaculate is small, which i suppose is better than retrograde.  So, one way of dealing with this is laying off of the medicine on the weekends, so that i can have at least one good orgasm per week, which is really helpful for releasing tension.  Is there any adverse effects to this, besides having to pee more frequently and with more urgency for a few days?  While Saturday had me on the hunt for restrooms, today (Sunday) i am feeling no urges or frequency of urination.  That of course is another question, as to why my symptoms have not always been consistent, even before starting on the medication.
I didn't have TURP but I have retrograde ejaculation (RE) for another reason. It was the side effect to a lymphadenectomy. That's where lymph glands are removed and examined for the presence of cancerous cells. It's a routine follow up procedure done after performimng an orchiectomy, which is the removal of a testicle. I had to have my left one removed because of testicular cancer. Even though the tumor hadn't metastasized they still perform a lymphadenectomy to insure this is the case. Lucky for me all lymph tissue was negative for cancer.

The surgeon was quite clear about the possibility of RE. He even gave an estimated percent risk factor for RE based on overall past experience. He said he'd do his best to tease away the nerve tracts responsible for bladder sphincter closure during ejaculation, before lymph gland removal - but admitted how sometimes that fragile nerve network is so intimately enmeshed with the lymphatic tissue it's not always possible. I guess the same is true for prostate.

I remember the 1st time I masturbate afterwards, how relieved I was that my orgasm was still greast, but how odd it was that it wasn't accompanied by ejaculation. There was zero fluid emitted - totally 'dry'. Actually, I thought this would be viewed as an added bonus by women because it meant I was safe, wrt birth control and in their mind, also from the spread of sexually transmitted disease - even though I don't have any - still, it's added insurance. Also...I assumed women in general would also like RE because there's no 'ick factor' i.e. the mess you make shooting sticky fluid everywhere, and also not having to taste it, in the case of oral sex.

Now I'm not so sure women view it that way. I think it's the opposite, for some women anyways, who like to see a man ***, or feel it inside them, or maybe even like the taste. I don't know. It's really starting to concern me now. I haven't had a sexual relation yet and I'm worried and wondering.

What DOES the average  woman think about ejaculate??? I have normal erectile function and normal orgasms, but if you can't deliver ejaculation fluid is this good, bad, or doesn't matter? I admit, I'm worried. Sometimes I feel embarrassed and like a freak, something less than a man.  
die sobs die
I am sorry to learn of the damage done without warning.
I agree most urologists do not emphasize that you will most likely lose ejaculation. Fortunately for me I tried Flomax and it stopped my ejaculations and have been very careful about what proposed surgeries and medications stop ejaculation. I tried the Flomax for a month and it was enough for me to say I did not like the effects of retrograde ejaculation. Mental health advocates should be concerned about the detrimental effect of loss of ejaculation.
Overall I did not like the entire altered feeling caused by retrograde ejaculation and I think there are alternatives, one new on Urolift and I also read that TUNA preserves ejaculation but TUNA which is like 10 to 15 % retrograde ejaculation side effect which I think is life changing.  All men should ask about retrograde ejaculation when considering any BPH treatment.
You clearly don't understand that most men lose the majority of their orgasm sensation after TURP. Not everyone has the same outcome as you, this is common sense. For you to think this is merely about shooting semen out, then to mock people people who have had their sex lives ruined is incredibly pathetic and embarrassing.  
That's the problem. The orgasm is NOT there!
I'm also a gay man and have RE from failed back surgeries. I was told there was less than a .001% of developing RE. SUPRISE! I HAVE IT!  I lost a partner of 8yrs because he couldn't handle it. Sex drive and sensual feelings on my penis have severely depressed. Viagra helps occasionally but its way too expensive as insurance doesn't cover it any longer so I have to get samples. I've been HOPING a cure has been found by now! I've had RE since 2006 and its embarrassing, humiliating and very depressing! Thankfully I now have a partner who loves me just as I am. He doesn't like *** so I really lucked out.
Has your personal life suffered like mine?
Rick in Arkansas
Sorry to hear you have this jacked up thing as well! Thankfully, you have a loving partner who understands.
I do have a partner now, for 2 yrs, and he says he's glad I can't ejaculate as he doesn't like it. I'm very thankful for his acceptance of my RE!
Still researching if any advancements have been made by "reversing" RE. Have you ran across anything?
I'm still embarrassed, humiliated and depressed over this but thankful I have an understanding partner now.
P.s.....my es tells me he regrets leaving me over my RE issue.  On well....its his guilt to carry, not mine!
How can we get the powers that be (i.e. medical research companies, etc.)   to research this issue and come up with a medical solution?
The truth is doctor´s don´t care about us or they simply don´t know what i am about to tell you now and to be honest that´s something that i´ve found all by myself with persisting google searches.

The hormone that triggers ejaculation is called Norepinephrine, so what you and everybody who has retrograde ejaculation needs, is to take a
Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor before sex.

I´m talking about Reboxetine ( Edronax ) 4mg, and i ejaculate every single time :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reboxetine

If Reboxetine is not avaiable in U.S. there are others Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norepinephrine_reuptake_inhibitor

Good luck to you all!

Did you really read the Wiki articles? There is not a single reference to the use of these drugs for RE or anything even close to the subject.

Reboxetine is primarily an antidepressant drug.

Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor: NRIs are commonly used in the treatment of conditions like ADHD and narcolepsy due to their psychostimulant effects and in obesity due to their appetite suppressant effects. They are also frequently used as antidepressants for the treatment of major depressive disorder, anxiety and panic disorder. Additionally, many drugs of abuse such as cocaine and methylphenidate possess NRI activity, though it is important to mention that NRIs without combined dopamine reuptake inhibitor (DRI) properties are not significantly rewarding and hence are considered to have a negligible abuse potential.[1][2] However, norepinephrine has been implicated as acting synergistically with dopamine when actions on the two neurotransmitters are combined (e.g., in the case of NDRIs) to produce rewarding effects in psychostimulant drugs of abuse.[3]

How about providing some references on point for your claims!
There is not a single reference to the use of these drugs for retrogade ejaculation because nobody cares about it.

Do you want to know what a doctor told me once? He said: No urologist or neurologist will bother to search deeply for retrogade ejaculation treatment because it is too rare to care.

Reboxetine is primarily an antidepressant drug. So?

Do you know that imipramine, one of the most known drugs for retrogade ejaculation is also an antidepressant and with way more side effects than reboxetine?

This is a drug to take only before sex, not everyday so i don´t see the problem of being primarily an antidepressant.

Everything you said about Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors is true, but Reboxetine only reuptakes norepinephrine, not dopamine like methylphenidate, so the abuse potencial or adiction in my opinion is almost non existence.

Hello all from down under, I was diagnosed with BPH enlarged prostrate, Urologist did a look see and my prostrate was enormous, 190cc, and here is the best part I had few if any noctournal visits, maybe once now and then if I had a few beers the afternoon before, I will agree I had some minor lower back pain, but could have been something else. Anyway after the inital exam I went back and hand a full TURP done, uroliogists do not explain themselves very well, they just want to do the job, after this one I had reduced ejaculation, other than that no issues.  Things then go worse as some scar tissue from the first procedure broke away and I don't want to go there, so back in for a full scrape out reducing my prostrate down to about 120cc.  No serious issues but again after that I got retention which was urgent, up to $9,000 out of pocket so far, so back in for over a week and another procedure, since then which is now 4 months all is good in the urine dept, but do have the Ret Ejac which I was informed of before the procedure, my Ur put me on Duodart which is a combination of Flomaxtra for muscle relaxation (but I had no issues passing) and Duasteride to shrink the blood vessels and prostrate over a period of time.  There seem to be a lot of men who say they suffer because they cannot ejaculate as they did prior or then they were 20 years old, well it is not the end of the world, but further damage to the prostrate and bladder is, so to are kidney stones (every had those) I have not but know some who have and they said they would rather die than have the pain.  Sex life diminishes with age naturally, I still get an erection when aroused and can maintain it without the ol' viagra etc my wife seems happy with our now and then morning glories, so if you want to worry about the serious consequences of not having this done, so be it.  I have a friend who has to get up 6 or 7 times a night in an 8 hour period, he is 87 and had been like that for over 12 years and to be honest with the sleep deprevation he looks like **** every time I see him, he is widowed and has no lady friend, but why he tolerates this I cannot understand.  His prostrate is much the same as mine.  Yes I could have got on with life with the enlarged prostrate and maybe things would not be the same, but the fear of total restriction at any time without warning, the forming of blood clots, and passing blood (which is a real possibility) did not appeal to me, my life now is good, so I can't blow, who cares, not my wife thats for sure and I am beginning to live with this change using positive thoughts about it, I refute all those comments I hear about men not wanting to have it done ( like my friend) and wanting to kill the doctor etc. get real, s(*&^t does happen in surgery and everyone is different, is is a very complex area of the body and sadly with most men their favourite part, so just think that RE is a small price to pay for peace of mind and get on with your life and enjoy.
His situation is relevant. He is expressing his disbelief at the number of you who are spending all of your time on this board complaining. Get on with your lives and stop your incessant whining. If you can once again pee normally, the surgery did what it was supposed to do. If you experience side affects you had no idea about, I am 100% positive it was listed in the surgical consent form you had to sign prior to surgery. I've been TURP'd and am very happy with the ability to not have to wear a catheter for weeks at a time. Have tested whether or not I have RE. If I do, it’s not that big a deal. I'll still have an orgasm and my Mrs. will be happy that there is no mess. She hasn't been able to have children for the last 40 years and if she passes (and I get married again), I do not want any more children. It wouldn't be fair to them to raise them when I cannot have the energy to go and do the things a parent should be doing with their children.

Now, when I have a little sinus cold, I can take an antihistamine without needing a catheter to urinate. To me, this is WAY more important than being able to paint something with my semen.
I can see that this topic needs a restart, like a total new thread, but I did appreciate the posts that so many have left.
I may be at the wrong community, but the desire for a cure for RE is all consuming to me !
I had an elevated PSA, so I had a biopsy performed, and I had a very low grade, non aggressive cancer, and everyone can guess what the urologist recommended.
I had radioactive "pins" inserted,  and I remember when I asked the doctor how it would affect my sex life, he gave this "Aw shucks" look and stated "it would be about the same". What a cop out crock !
This has been several years ago, and I have never been the same. I really don't mean to sound crude, but for me, sex was everything, it was the only thing !
Now I don't mean that literally, but it was an important component of my mental & physical well being.
I just could not believe I had been so totally ignorant about something so important !
And you think ANY of those doctors had one ounce of empathy ?! Not a single one !!!
What I've found to be so incredible though is that the above posts are the very first thing I've ever seen on reversing this condition. I just find it difficult to believe that this hasn't happened to some wealthy patient, who would be have the resources to practically demand a "cure", and perhaps that has happened. Who would we be to receive such advanced treatment ? All I can say is that I'm glad I can control my emotions and anger, because I, like so mant on here, would want this same proceed urge performed on these doctors !!
Sorry about all the typos above, I'll write the next on on my desktop PC.
I would have thought that we could believe that Urologists are people who are medical specialists and who are supposed to tell as the truth. Like telling us about all the different treatments and possible side effects as well as the fact that some side effects might be ok for some men and not for others.I found much more truth on the internet than from my urologist and Im so angry at myself that I believed the urologist. I kept on going back to him to tell him that he changed me from a very happy person to a complete angry and depressed man. Of course he told me to find myself another urologist but the damage is done and another doctor can only tell me that  
he is sorry but he he cant do anything now that the turp is done.. Well I hate RE and the fact that I will never have a good climax again. How can a specialist think that a dry climax is just as good as a wet one. How can it be legal to tell such lies in the name of the medical profession.. Surely they should be obliged to tell you that if you want to ejaculate then you have other options. When I told my urologist that my new much better urologist told me that a urologist should discuss and decide with the patient what is the best treatment for the patient and not the best money making procedure for the doctor he was furious.At least I think we should keep on going back to these urologists and make life hell for them as well.
I also have had a Laser TURP operation.  All the drugs made me sleepy (they relaxed the prostate AND my brain cells).  Due to the lack of treatment options and history of bladder & kidney issues in my family, I decided to have the TURP.  Yes, I miss ejaculation.  but I am happy to be free of pills that made me a zombie (Flowmax, Finesteride, Cialis, etc.).
The good news is that I have a long lasting erection (not typical) and that is a compensatory blessing.  Your doctor will go out of his way to discuss ED and retrograde ejaculation; Educate yourself and make the best choice for you.
Wow, thank you all for this information!  I feel like I dodged a bullet.  I went to a urologist for testosterone replacement therapy, and they did a ultrasound to also check for urine retention.  Unbeknownst to me I did have it (holding about 200ml after urination, although it never bothered me).  He did a cystoscopy and recommended the laser surgery.  To his credit he did discuss RE, saying it was about sixty percent (sounds low by the testimony here!).  I was most definitely not wild about that idea, and he gave me the option of intermittent catheters, which I've been using a couple of times a day.  I really don't mind them, and have gotten fairly fast with the whole routine (I have gotten two UTIs in the last six months however).  Unless things get WAY worse I'm not even going to consider this procedure.  If it's a choice between croaking or getting it done then I'll sign off, until then I'll live with the inconvenience (and the occasional UTI).  
Had the TURP. Now I get to sleep through the night and when awake don't have to take a leak every 30 min. Dry ejaculations... no problem, actually amazingly, orgasm is more powerful now without all the mess. Knowing what I know now, I would still have the procedure. Not to be crude, but wife enjoys a certain aspect of the side affect.
I have to agree with some of the comments above. Even though a dry orgasm is quite weird it is better then having your prostate squeeze your urethra and not peeing. Self cath is not the answer. Getting constant UTI's can be very harmful to your general health. So guys, get your selves cured and live with the retrograde ejaculation. At least you wont have a mess to clean up and after a while the sensation will feel the same.