Urology Expert Forum
Role of testesterone in treatment of Epispadias

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

My son has congenital problem of Epispadias & has embedded penis so not visible from outside
I have 2 questions
- What is the role of testesterone in Epispadias treatment
- What surgery can lead to normal penis
- which doctors can I approach for treatment / surgery in Mumbai / Delhi / any other City in India
Regards
Ajay  
Greetings!
Testosterone use in treating small penises in children is not thought to ultimately change adult length. It may be helpful in conjunction with surgery, however.Your son's penile anatomy can be improved greatly with surgery but cannot be completely corrected.
Epispadius is an uncommon problem and you should seek the care of a pediatric urologist in your area, particularly one associated with a university.
I shall query some of my Indian associates regarding specific individuals in your country and get back to you.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
Thanks for your response .. will eagerly wait for your further reply in terms of some suggestions in terms of whom to approach in case you can suggest somebody in New Delhi or Mumbai it will be great
Thanks & Regards
Jay