Urology Community
SEMEN-LIKE SUBSTANCE in Urine!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

SEMEN-LIKE SUBSTANCE in Urine!!!!

Ok... so when I pee reguarlary standing up, and don't force anything, my urine is totally normal and I have no trouble urinating nor any pain while urinating... nothing seems abnromal at all.

However... I've been noticing for the past 2 days straight that when I am having a bowel movement, on the toilet, I will push hard to get the poo out and have noticed that after I am done urinating in the toilet that I expell a somewhat copious amount of semen-like substance.  I am not sure if is semen, my gut tells me it is not semen... but it just dribbles out of my penis and collects in the toilet.

Once in the toilet it floats on the top of the water in stringy-like particles that extend downward.  Initially i thought this was originating from my stool... but upon closer inspection / attention to what was happening, I clearly noticed that it was coming from my penis.

I am terrified right now and have no idea waht's going on.  Again, when I urinate regulary, there are no issues nor is there any sightly discharge.  There are no pains when i am urinating like and STD should do, and I just feel a slight discomfort right now... but I think its because I am forcing it out.  Like I am pushing really hard on my bowel movements in order to produce this semen-like substance out of my penis.

It has similar consistency to semen, but it seems way more akin to a fungal infection or some sort of fungus than it does semen.  It is really really sticky and once it dried out it becomes super gellatinous and very very tough-gel-like.  

Has anyone ever had anything like this???? It is driving me crazy and I am feeling like I have some sort of fungal infection up in my bladder or something.  BUT, when I pee normally, while not taking a crap and pushing hard, I do not have any sort of dicharge from my penis.

But when i push hard i get this copious amount of discharge that looks kind of like semen, but in my opinion looks more like some sort of discharge from infection.

Just wondering if any of you guys had something like this.  Thanks for any responses, fellas.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Presence of such semen like substance in urine can be due to an inflammation or infection of the prostate gland. When the prostate gland is inflamed, the pressure on the prostate during passing stools can cause expression of prostatic secretions in the urine.  I suggest you to get an evaluation, a digital rectal examination and your PSA levels measured along with a  complete urine examination done.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello Doctor,

Thank  you so much for your response, it is greatly appreciated.  I noticed that this substance has been showing up when I am passing difficult-stools.  When I push really hard to get the stool out, is when I really notice this seminal fluid come out.

Lately, I've been aware of this during the passing of stools, and I am not pushing so hard.  So far, I've had no other issues with discharge during passing a stool.  

It seems that when I am taking a normal urine, and not pushing hard and just letting the normal process take place, I have no discharge at all.  For instance, when I just stand at the urinal when I have to urinate naturally, everything is normal... no pain, no discomfort, no discharge.

Again, it only seems to happen when I was pushing REALLY hard to get a stool out when passing a bowel movement.  As such, I've started straining less, and have subsequently noticed no more seminal fluid being urinated out.  

I will however bring this up to my DR. next friday duing my physical.  Thank you again, very much, doctor, for taking the time to provide your insight.  I truly appreciate it, and all of us do on this site.  
Avatar_dr_m_tn

As mentioned earlier, it looks like prostatitis only. When you are straining during passage of stools, it can cause increased pressure on the prostate lying above the rectu, which releases semen like substance when it is inflamed. So it is important to get the possibility of prostatitis ruled out.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

This fits in with Dhat syndrome typically seen in south asian countries.
I also had the same problem as u and I went to the urology , they told me that it is physiology response and they could not find any cause . So doctor I want to ask if that's true?,
And is it possible that it is dhat syndrome?? Like what the person has said in the earlier comment

I also had the same problem as u and I went to the urology , they told me that it is physiology response and they could not find any cause . So doctor I want to ask if that's true?, and is it possible that it is dhat syndrome like what the person said in the earlier post
Your explanation is totally wrong dr singh... Sorry in advance for my harsh words but i think you must read urology again. Sorry !!!

Now lets come to the point...
Please explane the relation of sperms with prostate glands !!!!
As you hav given explanation that isnt right because i had seen one patient visiting hospital regulary verh related to the guy who has made the question.. We thought alot about situation but got nothing from it...
You advice him to have some sex for regulary may be twice for 3 or 4 days and if the peob repeats means then he has some issues of urology otherwise he is clean. Some time when we dont have sex for some time and we keep taking some extra good diet or very healthy diet we face the same situation now if we face this kind of situation then what ??? Or may patient had no sex history of almost 3 months to 1.5 year then what ?? I hope Dr.singh will review and will mail me also his views. At.. Dr.***@****
Facts about the prostate gland:

The prostate gland is about the size of a walnut and surrounds the neck of a man’s bladder and urethra - the tube that carries urine from the bladder. It is partly muscular and partly glandular, with ducts opening into the prostatic portion of the urethra. It is made up of three lobes: a center lobe with one lobe on each side.

Function of the prostate gland:

As part of the male reproductive system, the prostate gland’s primary function is to secrete a slightly alkaline fluid that forms part of the seminal fluid, a fluid that carries sperm. During male climax (orgasm), the muscular glands of the prostate help to propel the prostate fluid, in addition to sperm that was produced in the testicles, into the urethra. The semen then leaves the body out through the tip of the penis during ejaculation.

Both case these guys have link with your explanation dear they are facing the problem that i mentioned before i think so... As they have described their sex history briefly. But please e mail me ur thought about case ... Dr.fiazsadiq AT yahoocom
Great, you chased Dr Singh away you stupid idiot! I dont think dr singh is humble enough to take the correction but his advice on having more sex is definitely good advice :D
i am on methadone  and it constipates  me horribly  and lately i have noticed this same occurance.  i  just saw the doctor  about the  constipation and had a colonoscopy on his recommendation. my colon and lower intestines are fine  except  a few hemerrhoids  (however its spelled)  they also said nothing about any issues with  an inflamed prostate , which i think they would have noticed.   i am still worried about it  but not alot afterwards my testicles hurt,  just thought i would add my info.
Thanks Doc for the info. I've had the same symptoms along with frequency of urination and some discomfort. I spoke with a urologis and learned that I have acute prostatitis. I was placed on antibiotics for a month and the symptoms are far less. I have no issues with frequent urination or discomfort. I still have some drainage from my penis during excretion but not as much as before. Thanks again!
Like to check... I have have been sexual active but recently due to those symptoms I mention, I had stop my my sex life for the past 5 weeks plus
Sometimes when I do bowel movement, be it soft or hard type of bowel movement, when I use strength to push the bowel, my urine together with the bowel movement will come out together, after my urine finish, this happen 3 to 4 times already for the past 5 months plus, after urine, clear sticky came out of the penis tip( where urine comes out) I don't have discharge early in the morning or other times of the day but when doing bowel movement with the bit of strength I put to let my bowels out I had the clear sticky discharge.( 3-4times for the past 5 weeks.)
I not sure if is semens or std discharge...
Pls advice... tks
hiee..

wanted to know how are u feeling now.. as i am facing the same problem. so was curious to know about the treatment and the results. waiting for your reply.

I am on MMT maintenance as well and have the same thing happen when i push hard to go. Have you found out any info from a medical professional? Thanks in advance.