Urology Expert Forum
SHRINKING PENIS?

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

SHRINKING PENIS?

Is it possible for one's penis to "Shrink"?  When I was younger, my high school sweetheart had measured my penis and found it to be roughly 6 1/2 inches long.  Now, over 10 years later, I've noticed that my penis "wasn't measuring up", so I measured it again.  I had put on a little extra weight (I heard that a few extra pounds could make your penis look smaller than it really is), but I have lost the weight and currently sit just seven pounds heavier than my final year in high school.

Cutting to the chase, my latest measurement for my penis was under six inches.  I lost nearly 3/4 of an inch somewhere.  Is this possible?

Side note:  After the high school sweetheart kicked me to the curb (resentment issues), I began dating this really wild girl who loved to be on top during sex.  One night during an intense session, we heard a loud snap noise from down below.  There was a quick sharp pain near the base of my penis, but nothing that prohibited me from finishing what we started.  I had some mild discomfort the next morning, but I don't think I had a fractured penis. No crooked penis, no bruising, no swelling or odd distortion of shape -- just a loud noise like someone cracking a knuckle and a little discomfort.

Today:  My penis is just over 5 3/4 inches in length.  When I was younger my erections pointed to the ceiling.  Now days it points somewhat straight if not a little down.

What happened and how do I get my 3/4 of an inch back?  It may not seem like much, but I sure would like to get it back!
Tags: penis
yes, the extra fat is in the skin around the base of your penis, so although your penis is probably the same length, you're measuring now from an area further away from the base due to the fat.

lose the weight, get the 3/4 inch back
Did the guy not say he had lost the weight again?  Surely being 7lbs heavier does not correlate to a loss of 3/4 of an inch.

Why is the medical profession so unwilling to admit that penile shrinkage happens?  I have conversed with dozens, if not hundreds of men online, who have experienced this.

My penis ios constantly getting thinner and appears to be wasting away.  Although I weigh less than I did when I was 16 my penis is over a CM thinner than it was then
I didn't read that he'd had weight loss.

Yes, with weight loss, the penis loses girth as well, but not commonly length.
Very interesting comments here....My penis seems to be shrinking although not in length but in girth.  I measured my penis by putting a string around the middle and it came to 4.25 inches.  I feel that I must have shrunk throughout the years.  I am wondering if it may be from the inhaled steroid I use for asthma.
A related discussion, Shrinking Penis Update was started.