Urology Community
SP Gravity

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

SP Gravity

If I am not mistake, I believe sp gravity measures how concentrated your urine is and can indicate dehydration. Why are the ranges so different though from one place to another?

In urinalyses from one place the range says 1.016 to 1.022 for adult with normal fluid intake. Mine was >=1.030 (nov 1) and 1.025 (sep 21).

In a urinalysis from another place, the range says 1.001 to 1.035 (mine was 1.033) (from nov 15).

In one scale, I am within the limits, but in the first one mine is a lot higher. I was drinking fluids, but was also going to bathroom very frequently (every 30-60 minutes for the most part) when these urinalyses were taken.