Urology Expert Forum
SPOTS ON PENIS

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

SPOTS ON PENIS
i have recently noticed brown spots on my glans penis.  they do not itch, burn or pus.  i cant feel them either.  they are flat.  when i am erect, i still cant feel them although they are more visible. the area where they are does feel raw if you will but that is only after several erections, as if i am stretching the skin.  my penis head also looks very "wrinkly" when flacid.  i have engaged in unprotected oral sex but i use a condom for intercourse.  i am african american so the spots are darker...when i stretch out my penis head, i can see the spots clear but not feel them, they are flat...it is strange.  i have had them going on 2 months now...i do get tingling sensations in my penis.  i did see a derm and he said it was probably a reaction to protopic which i use for vitiligo already on my penis.  i stopped using the med a while ago but the spots remain. i am nervous i may have an std, but my symptoms dont seem to fit any i read.  i am married, and my wife has not gotten any strange bumps and she gives me oral..so i am puzzled.  have you heard of something like this before?  i mean my derm seems to think its vitiligo i thought that would turn my penis pinkish or white but these spots are dark..and there are many but only on the glans...is it possible to lose pigemnt resulting in small brown bumps...they are the size of pin heads...but again flat and have not vanished in 2 months..
One consideration would be some kind of genital wart - which can present as small bumps.  Other possibilities would be herpes or any variety of genital ulcers (i.e. chancroid, syphillis etc.).  Without seeing the lesion, it is impossible to tell.  There are a variety of diagnostic tests to shed more light into this.

The tingling penile sensation warrants further investigation - including a urinalysis to evaluate for bacterial infection and a GenProbe, looking for chlamydia or gonorrhea.  Testing or examining your prostate would also be a prudent idea.  

I would suggest a referral to a urologist for further evaluation.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
0
0
0
0
A related discussion, i have spots on my penis. would like to know what it is? was started.