Urology Community
STRANGE URINE ODOR

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

STRANGE URINE ODOR

so im not even really sure where to post this, because im not sure if my smptoms are all connected or not.
1) really strange urine odour, its not a bad smell at all though.smells like sulpher in a way but more chemical like than rotten eggs like kind of like cough mixture too.i dont know i always think iv figured it but then i go again and my brain related it to sumin else.sometimes, and this might sound weird but sometimes i get a familiar tast in my mouth.i just cant put my finger on it.and this has been going on for over a month now.i have no other UTI like symptoms at all.and my urine colour is really clear.
2)left side pelvic pain, its more pressure than pain and it comes and goes.during an orgasm, theres more pressure than usual.and this started sort of the same time as the weird urine smell.
3)iv picked up almost 10pounds without changing m eatin habits and its more like a swollen water retention feeling that actual fat.
4)i almost always feel fatigued.
im quite worried.iv been to the doctor the havent been very helpful or told me i should change my birth control.it cant be nothing.the urine smell is really distinct and unfamiliar, which makes me think that im releasing something 'pf the body" instead of something thats supposed to come out.

if anyone has any idea what could be going on.please let me know.thank you
Thanks for writing to the forum!  
Generally bad odor is due to infection, mainly by E coli. This can be diagnosed by urine culture. Strong fruity odor is due to uncontrolled diabetes. Interestingly urine odor changes in menopause too. Urinary bladder infection and kidney infections do produce strong smelling urine. Another reason is dehydration. Strong ammonia smell is due to protein breakdown. Liver problems can cause a sulfur like taste in mouth and sulfur like smell in urine. With weight gain diabetes should be looked into.
Please discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

thanks so much for getting back to me.im making an appointment to see the doc next week.this morning i wen to the bathroom and i can positively say its defnitely a sulpher smell and my urine was really dark and cloudy.i am so worried about whats going on  and extremely upset that my doctors havent taken it more seriously.i mean this has been going on for over a month now.
anyway thank you again for replying.
Did you ever find out what it was? Im having about the exact same symptoms as you. Just wondering what I might tell my doctor because they seem to be kinda slow.
I have a foul urine smell like a ram in heat with no other symptoms.    What is the matter?