Urology Community
Sand like material

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Sand like material

Hello. I saw a sand like material in my urine this morning. I have seen this a few times before. What is this material? Should I be concerned?  I was able to get sample. I have no pain, and I've seen no blood. I am a 55y/o male. I am on blood pressure medication [Coreg CR 80mg, Avalide 300mg]
Hi there,
How are you doing now? Based on your discussion it appears that you possibly have some sort of debris in your urine but it is really difficult to identify what exactly it may be. Often proteins in the urine may appear as whitish debris but not sandy like how you describe.
I suggest that you see a Urologist as early as possible or atleast you physician have your urine sample checked.
If you have any further queries do get in touch with me.
Regards,
Dr Sylvester, MD
It is either calcification from your prostate or minor Kidney stones.