Urology Expert Forum
Saw Palmetto Use
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Saw Palmetto Use

I was told i had non bacterial prostitus several years ago.  I was treated with Cipro which did not help, so i started taking saw palmetto.  This seemed to help and it went away.  Now it is back again and I would like to start taking saw palmetto again, but I have a concern.  I had to be treated at a hospital for a bleeding stomach ulcer they think was casued by NSAID use for a shoulder injurie I had.  This was about 5 years ago and i have not had any problems since then.  Some of the reports I have seen say not to use saw palmetto if you have an ulcer with active bleeding and some say to ask a Dr. if you have had an ulcer.  Is Saw palmetto safe to use in my case?  Thanks