Urology Community
Scar Tissue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Scar Tissue

I just had some sar tissue buid up from my urethra from past catherers removed last week, and the doctor has told me there is a strong possibility that the scar tissue would return, is there any thing I can take that would reduce the chances of scar tissue build up?
    Thanks for writing in. Formation of scar tissue inside urethra can occur due injury from diagnostic procxeedures or catheters, infection.
In your case the cause is injury to the epithelium of the urethra with catheter. Scar formation can be prevented by maintaining the diameter of the urethra and complete healing of injury or infection.
You can discuss with your urologist, about introducing a catheter inside the urethra until the injury is completely treated. But the chances of  recurrence of scar are quiet high.
Take care.