Urology Community
Scared!!! Unable to urinate after surgery.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I had a total vaginal hysterectomy with vaginal vault/rectocele repair two and half weeks ago, before the surgery I was able to urinate normally and did not have any bladder issues.  Since the surgery I have been unable to urinate at all and have had to straight cath myself for the past 2 weeks.  The rectocele was very large and the UroGyn who did my surgery tells me that this is only a temporary problem and that my bladder has probably gone into spasms due to the size of the repair.  All I know is I was fine before the surgery and I am terrified that I have some kind of permanent irrepairable damage to my bladder.  Do you have any experience with this kind of problem?  Do you know if there is any kind of treatment or medication that might help me regain use of my bladder?
Avatar n tn
I am having the same problem.  I had my surgery on January 16th.  Have you been able to urinate yet?  Please help because this is very depressing.  My email address is ***@****