Scraping Prostrate
I am a 46 yr old male..I had kidney stone surgery 8/25/08 to remove 6.1 mm stone...since surgery I cannot go to the bathroom..I have had catheters put in and out.....I am on my 2nd week of flomax with my catheter and have had some bladder spasms off and on......I have 2 more weeks to go with flomax and see my dr again on Oct 2; then my dr is looking to do surgery..."scraping the prostrate"......after surgery, will I have an erection to have sex......will I have false ejaculation...??   Thanks Bubba56
        How are you? With the details you have given i presume that your suffering from enlarged prostrate. Enlarged prostrate is common complaint in men after the age of 45, but it can start at an early age too. Prostrate gland sorrounds  the urethra, but if it is enlarged it will press the urethra not allowing it to release the urine.

Symptoms can be inability to pass urine, frequent visits to the bathroom, feeling of fullness of the bladder after passing urine, burning sensation etc.

Normally, the function of the prostrate is to secrete fluid that is present in the semen. And formation of the sperms takes place in seminal vesicles.

Enlarged prostrate can be treated conservatively with alpha- blockers or finasteride. Surgical treatment involves resection of a part of prostrate, but not complete removal of the gland. So there would not be any problems in having normal sex and ejaculation.

The only complications expected could be trauma to the urethra, but that is very rare.

All the best.