Urology Community
Scrotum Sweating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Scrotum Sweating

To put it simply, my scrotum (the skin) constantly sweats, its always red. Inturn my penis and entire groin sweats constantly; wearing appropriate breathable underwear does not help and I have been checked out for STD's and that is clear.
I have used hydrocortisone and that is usless.
I dont have pain unless I really provoke it.
Using soap makes it MUCH worse.
This has been going on for so long now and I'm at a total loss. I dont know what to do.It is so depressing.

Any help, suggestions for a possible soloution would be greatly appreciated.

J.
Tags: scrotum, sweat, red
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This sounds like a case of hyperhidrosis. Hyperhidrosis refers to abnormal excessive sweating of a certain part of the body. There may be an underlying genetic cause. Others may be due to a neurologic or hormonal problem. Mostly however,the cause is unknown.
For how long have you experienced this condition?

Do you experience this in other parts of the body?

What other tests were done to help establish the diagnosis?

I suggest that you seek consult with a dermatologist for this. A culture of skin scrapings from the area and microscopic examination of the specimen may help exclude an underlying fungal infection. If this has persisted for quite sometime, a skin biopsy may help define the underlying cause of the problem. You may discuss with the dermatologist if such diagnostic examinations may be indicated considering the involved area.
Thanks for getting back so fast.

To answer your questions.

I have had this condition for years.
I dont have this condtion in other parts of my body.
No other tests have been done to reach a diagnosis, I am really stressed out about it. I was told I could get a determotolgist appointment late march but they still havent got back to me, and waiting and waiting makes me more and more nervous. I dont think they will get back to me after all this time, I feel they dont take me seriously. What could that reveal I mean we know all the possible, potential outcomes dont we?

I used the soap 'Cetephil' once and that made things worse, more sticky, do you think that it can have permanent effects?
I dont think its a fungal infection, I cant remmember who told me that.
I have never heard of the term ''hyperhidrosis'' apparntly it can just start for no reason. I am so confused.

J.