Severe, Sharp Testicular Pain

I am a 20-something male, who has had testicular pain since 2009. The pain hospitalised me in Decemeber of that year and I was tested for STD/STI and found to be clean (which figures, being a virgin) as well as a testicular torsion, which turned out not to be the case. It was later said to be epididymitis, which also turned out not to be the case.

Alas, the pain came and then went with pain killers and anti-biotics, but it came back again in 2010 and I was hospitalised once again, which left me to undergo further tests, scans (MRI, Ultrasound - both came back clear) and was unable to be properly diagnosed.

I was once again discharged and sent on my way, leaving me to scramble to finish my college course.
Note: August 2011 I was given a cytoscopy, which came back clear.

Come 2011 around November the pain rears its ugly head, but this time it's the worst I've ever felt it. I had come back home from university as the pain had resurfaced and was then taken into A/E and once again given morphine and antibiotics and though the pain was dulled, it didn't go away.

I was checked over once again and told that there was nothing anatomically wrong with me, even though I was hypersensitive to touch in the scrotal region and was showing signs of having a swollen scrotum, which was inflamed.

Again, I was discharged and referred to the pain management team, who put me onto the medication I am on now:

Pregablin (600mg) - 225mg in morning, 150mg in afternoon, 225mg at night
MST Continous 30mg - One in morning, one at night
MST Continous 5mg - One in morning, one at night
Morphine Sulphate Tablets 10mg - every 4 hours
Paracetamol 500mg - every 4 hours
Omeprazole 25mg - when feeling sick

I have been on these since December and having acupuncture throughout June (which only exacerbated the pain), I am now looking for alternative advice as I now have to wait until August, before I can receive the next course of treatment, which is a nerve blocker injection into my back.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your pain. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections or the genitor-urinary tract, inflammations, growths/ masses, referred pain from other regions, neuro-muscular causes, etc. Without a diagnosis at hand it would be difficult to suggest a management plan. It would be best to have this evaluated by a urologist, preferably at a university or teaching hospital for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!