Urology Community
Severe Overactive Bladder
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Severe Overactive Bladder

What medication is the favorite for Overactive Bladder?  So far, I've been thru two of them.  I believe I have five more to go.
Please let me get some feedback from those of you who have this problem, and are taking meds that work.
Thanx
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
How are you? Overactive bladder (OAB) treatment has many approaches, from medication, to behavioral changes, to a combination of both. Have you discussed  the natural way with your doctor? Bladder training and pelvic floor exercises are just two natural treatments for overactive bladder. Research suggests that these non-drug remedies can cut overactive bladder episodes by about half, and they have almost no side effects. With combination treatment, there is a better chance of  treating OAB.

I hope this helps. Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Thank you Rowena . . I have been doing the bladder floor exercises for about a month now.   I think I have to step up on the frequency at this point.
I'm not sure of the Bladder Training . . is that where you train your bladder to void not when it signals, but when you want it to?
I have also tried two dfferent meds, and neither one has been helpful.  Tomorrow, I will see my urologist, he will probably prescribe another med.
Hopefully, the next one will be more effective.

Thanx again
Blank
Does the bladder floor exercise helps? Bladder Training is a program designed to improve bladder function. It aims to reduce the number of times you go to the toilet,  increase the volume of urine you pass each time and  give you the ability to defer or put off emptying your bladder. I hope the next medicine will work also.

Take care and keep us posted.

Blank
Just got back from my Urologist.  He gave me three more samples to try.  Two weeks supply of each one.  I will begin the Sanctura XR starting tomorrow.
I'm hoping one of them will work, since we are planning a road trip that will take about 9 hours one way.  If I continue to have the same problem, I don't think I can go on the road for that long.  We would have to stop many times.  The trip would wind up taking us hours longer.
So, wish me luck . .
I am going to look into the Bladder Training.  
Thanx again . .
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank