Severe Pain after Lithotripsy
I had Lithotripsy done on Thu. For the last 4 days I have not been able to sleep and have een back to the Dr and ER. I am having Extreme Lower back and hip pain. I can't lie down or even sit. I had pain even after they gave me the max amount of morophine they could give me. I was hoping that after the lithtripsy that I would start feeling better but I feel worse then I did before. What could be the cause and what can I do about it?
Do you have a stent? Did the xray (KUB) after the lithotripsy show it worked and the stone was pulverized?  Did your doctor order a CAT scan to see if there is still a stone lodged somewhere?  
That said, I had lithotripsy in July, severe pain for 2 weeks because of the stent placed in ureter (torture) and relief when it was removed and passed 5 visible small stones that same day.  Howvever 5 months laterstill have what feels like muscle pain above hip, sometimes left flank and cannot sleep on my left side anymore.  Doctor ordered an ultrasound which was O.K.  Something has changed and I also wondered what can be done about it.  Hope others can share their experiences and knowledge of side effects of lithotripsy.
i have undergone lithotripsy treatment today for a very large kidney stone. the drugs they give you don't work and you feel like your about to be snapped in half. at one point i had to have gas and air as i was sweating with the pain. whoever says this is not painful is a blatent liar and need to change places with me.i have severe bruising and been vomiting hope this soon subsides.......AHHHH.........
I had this procedure done yesterday and have been in a horrible amount of pain, and now my doc wants to put a scope into the ureter to find out why I am having so much pain. I was so worried when he said he wanted  to do this I thought I was just losing it, maybe I was just being a "Baby". . Until I found this forum thank you. It wil help to know im not just a baby that this pain is real. Just incase he cant seem to find the reason for the pain, because afterall this is suppose to be the painless answer to kidney stone removal. Right?
Had Shock Wave Lithotripsy on Thursday. Major pain. Went to ER Saturday.  Sent home with stronger pain med. Stil major pain on Sunday. Return to ER second CT scan now shows blockage. Admitted , treated with iv pain med relief last abouy 3 to 3:15 hours. What is next?
I had shock wave lithotripsy today, besides the internal pain I noticed that I have a large red wound on my back... Is that normal?