Urology Community
Sex life

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Sex life

I had a good sex life until my wife became ill four years ago.  The first two years of her illness I just didn't have any kind of sex. The last two years I masterbated about twice a month.  She is better now and we've resumed a great sex life but unlike four years ago I have very little and sometimes no semen at all.  I do have orgasms every time... just no semen.  No blood, no pain, no swelling. I have no trouble getting an erection.   I am 53 yrs old.  Does anyone have any idea why this has changed?  Could it be that I'm four years older or that I went those two years with no sex?  
Thanks for any advice...
No other health problems either...

You could have a condition called retrograde ejeculation. What happens is that the sphincter is weakened or damaged causing the ejeculate to go into the bladder instead of out of the urethra.

All the best.

Ron
Your lucky to still have orgasms.  I assume that you mean that your orgasms are adequate in relieving sexual tension and are at the very least mildly pleasureable.  I had what is called a Turp procedure.  It was done because I was wrongly told I had an enlarged prostate.  It never worked to fully empty my bladder of urine.  Now I am back to self cathetering several times a day.   my latest urologist said the operation should have never been done because i have a "shot" or neurogenic bladder.  At least prior to turp I still had to catheter but had pleasureable orgasms with ejaculation of semen.  In this procedure the anatomy that allows your semen to come out your penis. with retrograde ejaculation(re) it goes into your bladder.  For me my orgasms without ejaculation of semen feels like almost nothing, even painful, and does not do what sex also does, relieve tension.  I am very depressed.

In your case, If your re is not the product of urological surgery, there are ways to ejaculate again, with drugs, exercises , perhaps you have diabetes, etc.  I would do your research, unlike me, and find a thorough and a urologist who cares about his patients.  In my experience, from word of mouth and what i read on this and other message boards, a sympathetic and good urological surgeon are rare.

In any event I would get the dry orgasm condition checked to see if it is a sign of impending morbidity.  In any event, don't ever have a TURP.
correction: "....In this procedure the anatomy that allows your semen to come out your penis is destroyed and causes retrograde ejaculation(re). your semen goes into your bladder instead out of your phallus or penis..."

I wish medhelp had an edit option after you post something.  Often you don't proof read your posts due to many reasons.