Urology Community
Sharp Testicle Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Sharp Testicle Pain

I was woken up today by a sharp shooting pain around one of my testicles. The pain was only brief but it repeated about every 10 seconds for a couple minutes until I got up and decided to write this post. It's stopped now but obviously I'm still concerned.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Such kind of sharp testicular pain can be due to torsion testis and it needs to be ruled out as soon as possible because it is a medical emergency. Other causes are excessive bicycle riding, hernia or kidney or ureteric stones. Some causes of testicle pain, including testicular torsion, can lead to infertility if not treated promptly. Infections also should be examined and treated right away.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Thank you for the information, Dr Singh. The sharp intervuls of pain happened again about 90 minutes after I posted my first question about it. But again only lasted a couple minutes and I haven't felt any pain since.

I did some reading on Torsion and I'm pretty sure that's not what I have. Both testicles feel attached and my Cremasteric reflex seems to work when I do it on my own. I'm 28, and I rarely ride a bicycle. I drink alcohol often though.. but I didnt see any mention of that being related to testicular pain.

What are the chances that this was just a random pain and won't affect me ever again?
Hello Dr. Singh,

I know that this is not the same topic, but I would appreciate your opinion.

Three years ago I ended up with a fistual between my prostatic urethra and rectum.
Urologists think that this was caused  by self catheterization due to a neurogenic bladder.

For the first year since 2008 I had a urethral catheter in to see if healing would take place. After some months a fibrin glue plug was tried but failed the day after.

After some time, a suprapubic catheter was placed at the time as a temporary reroute to facilitate in the possible healing process.

Currently the urologist is suggesting a surgery that is different from the original plan to repair the fistula. The idea is to leave the fistula as it is but the enlarge the bladder and provide a stoma which I can then catheterize. As much as this suggestion makes sense to me, I'm very scared by the idea of the fact that my urinary function will be permanently changed. I have tried to self cath with the suprapubic pugged but have had very little success in getting the catheter into the righ place. The catheter ends up going into the rectum.

As much as I realize that by the catheter not going into the bladder, this can pose a problem since I have a neurogenic bladder and after surgery would have to self cath. This could possibly result in the formation of another fistula. I would like nothing better than to have the fistula repaired and to go back the self catheterization again, however I can see the risk of the surgery not fail but the possibility of forming another fistula, thereby making the surgery pointless.

I can also live with the suprapubic for the rest of my life, however I do at times experience a lot of spasms cramping and other discomfort that keeps me awake an numerous occasions. If I opt for the suprapubic, I left with more options in the event that something else in regards to the bladder should take place. I would still be left with the possibility of passing some urine through the penis. This will provide me with two different ways to route unrine if needed.

I'm also worried that undergoing surgery to reroute the flow of urine as well a making the bladder larger, may result in other problems with my bladder as I already have a neurogenic bladder.

As much as I like the idea of not having a suprapubic catheter and having a dry stoma from which I can then self cath the idea of having the outlet at the bladderneck closed cannot be undone. Perhaps as surgeries advance something else can be done if I stay with the suprapubic

I would appreciate it if you would give your insight as to what the better option will be.

Sincerely,

RR
Almost 2 years later and still no reply from anyone. Nobody cares about testicles, and that ***** cause my left one freakin hurts!
S.U.C.K.S!!!
I went through the pain you speak of, I never got it seen and it does go away, if you have any pee problems or had it fix'd let me know cause I been dealing with this hell for too long now.