Urology Community
Should My husband, bet wetting, alcohol

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Should My husband, bet wetting, alcohol

My husband has recently (last month) wet the bed 8 or 9 times. In the past 10 years of marriage at least that many times. He says no big deal.  I hear him urinate before he goes to bed and still 3-4 hours later he pees the bed.  He has been drinking 18 pack a nite for as long as I can remember.  If he uses hard alcohol it seems to trigger it.  I have bought 2 matresses in the last 2 years.  I finally found a good cover that does not allow the urine to go through it. Should he see a doctor or is it the alcohol?

How are you? Bed-wetting that starts in adulthood (secondary enuresis) is uncommon and requires medical evaluation. Cause may include diabetes, prostrate enlargement, urinary tract infection, obstructive sleep apnea, stones in the urinary tract, bladder cancer and neurological disorders. I think it could be Obstructive sleep apnea or an emotional disorder which could be causing symptoms in your husband.

Rarely, acute anxiety or other emotional disorders may be the cause of adult bed-wetting. A doctor may be able to identify the cause of adult bed-wetting based on medical history, physical examination, urological examination and tests; and neurological examination. Treatment is directed against the underlying cause.
Consult a urologist for proper evaluation and prompt treatment.
Best.

If your husband drinks an 18 pack of beer a night, he is an alocoholic. It might very well be the case that he does not realize that he is urinating because of the 18 pack.
You do not state your husband's age. I'm 44 and if I drink that much I would have to get up several times a night. If the beer does not seem tobe the cause of the bed wetting, it certainly will have an impact on his liver.
I don't use alcohol and I know that my wife would not put up with somehting like that.

I have a neurogenic bladder and once in a while have some urine leaking. Because of that, I have a plastic cover on our matres. I also have the same sort of pads that they use on the beds in hospitals.

Drinking an 18 pack every night is not normal. I can't believe that Dr. Veena never made a commend about this.

God Bless

Ron