Urology Expert Forum
Shrinking penis and testicles

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Shrinking penis and testicles

im 24 yrs old black man, when i was 20 i notice the penis was shrinking, first length and then girth.....now im 24 my penis is 1/4 or what is used to be.....but now the testicle are shrinking and going up into my body.....i have been to 5 urologist and no one can tell me anything...they just blow it off because my penis still gets somewhat hard.I have about 50 % sensation in my penis now..i need to know what should be my next step.....should go to a unversity...and maybe they can help me......or should o i go to another doctor and tell him he should do a biopsy.....also should i get checked for prostate cancer if i haave 2 close relatives that have already been diognosed with it......I have problems with starting and stop peeing, if i dont push urine out it sprays everywhere....but im only 24....if anyone has any advise please let me know....i need it......also what can untreat chymidia do...I have been treated for chymidia once before and a couple of months later i think i got it again because of the symptoms..but after about 8 months i went and got check and they said i didnt have it anymore...my testicle also have shrank alot....my whole praviate area has shrank in general.......my erection are about 50% of what it was 1 1/2 ago.......i have feeling next year i will not be able to achieve an erection......i dont have pryrione diease....it not curve at all....but it is hard when isn;t erect........i hope that you really look into everything im saying and not say the samethings the all of the rest of the doctors have said....thanx
Not knowing exactly what has been done for you so far, I would suggest seeing a university based or private urologist with an interest in sexual dysfunction. There is a Sexual Medicine Society of North America (SMSNA.ORG) and they may be able to provide you with a list of members near you. I should think that hormone levels and possibly a penile doppler ultrasound and possibly a scrotal ultrasound (for baseline testes measurements) will be needed. The person whom you see can also evaluate the other issues that you raised.
Good luck.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
I am sooooo glad that somebody has been able to discuss this issue that I have been battling over the past TEN YEARS!   I have seen several urologists (more than 5) and each of them are always quick to prescribe ED drugs without doing strong analysis.  I had one doctor do a scrotal ultrasound where they found a varicocele situation but interestingly enough, one urologist said it's not that big a deal and the other said that it should be operated on.  I'm confused.  The test was done in June and this is the 4th urologist that I have seen this year.  No man wants to be know for "not having lead" in the pencil as women will pass on him every time.  Using testosterone replacement solutions like Androgel have a major side-effect; They grow man-breasts on you!  

Can somebody offer any advice on this situation?  I'm 50 years old, single and just lost a girl friend that I was able to have sex with but like the other gentleman, The width and size of the penis extension is dramatically reduced from long before this situation.  I'm sure that sexual satisfaction played a part in her leaving me after 2 1/2 months. Even today, I still have a burning pain in my testicle that the doctors are not able to resolve.  I've taken several anti-biotics over the years but the problem does not cure the problem.  

I used to be 8 1/2 inches long and width was pretty good because women came back for more.  Now, it takes a lot for a situation to get me fully erect.  Life is quite frustrating now!

HELP, PLEASE HELP!  
A related discussion, Epilepsy Meds. Causing sexual dysfunction was started.