Urology Community
Shrinking testicle! Getting concerned here...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Shrinking testicle! Getting concerned here...

Hello,

I am a healthy 24 year old male that was diagnosed with epididymitis about 1 month ago.  After taking Norflaxacin for two weeks, twice daily, the epididymitis remained.  My doctor gave me another 2 week prescription, and the problem seemed to go away.

However, the symptoms have not gone away entirely (there is still some pain/soreness once in a while), and strangely, I have noticed a tingling sensation that lasts about 5 - 8 seconds, and seems to flood the base of my scrotum about 10 - 20 times a day.  This tingling is not painful at all, just noticeable.

A few days ago, I noticed that my left testicle is starting to atrophy (shrink) quite noticeably!  As a result, I have started taking more Norflaxacin, but I am concerned that this is indicative of a more severe problem.  Again, I do not have any severe pain, swelling, etc., although I am recovering from a bad cold (although I don't think this affects my testicle in any way).

Is the shrinking of testicles normal after epididymitis??  Please help!  I am going back to the doctor tomorrow, but any suggestions or comments are more than welcome.

Thanks