Urology Expert Forum
Shrinking testicles

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Shrinking testicles
My husband was just checked for infertility and we found out he has no sperm and his testicles are the size of a pea. He went in for blood work and is scheduled for an ultra sound tomorrow. The doctor said he thinks he knows the reason but won't tell us yet. He said it wasn't cancer, but of course I am concerned. Can you please let me know if this is something I should worry about, and if you think it can be fixed so we can start a family some day?
A concerned wife.
This waiting is certainlyu hard and anxiety producing. Your husband does not have a cancer to account for his small testes and absent sperm.
Most likely he has a genetic problem that you'll need to work around. Again, this is theory and the ultasound and the lab tests should give the final answers.Good luck!
S.A.Liroff, M.D.