Urology Expert Forum
Shyness

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Shyness

: : : I'm 17 and just discovered i have to adventure into the work world. I have serious problem i get real shy around people. My mouth turns dry, i turn tense when i talk can you help me anyone?
  : : ===============
  : : Dear Shadow:
  : : This forum is for questions pertaining to Urology only.  We suggest you repost your question in Med Help International's "General Forum".  You can get there by clicking on "Forums" above.  Then choose "General Forum".
  : : Med Help International
  : I think his shyness has alot to do with Urology. First off he posted before
  : about being born with 1 testical, and i think as a person this is realy playing on his mind.
  : I have the exact same problem as he has and the shyness Is the same to a T
  : He as me are going through a rough time and tend to shy away from people,
  : and even more so females. Its hard becouse you want to but "cant" have a sexual
  : live because your scared to expose your self and what other might think of you.
  : Your scared of females and cant think of things to say because you might think they'll
  : like you and posibly want to date you. And for you having to turn down some one would be
  : hurtful. You might also shy away because your scared if some one got to know you
  : they might not like you as a person because your always finding ways or thinking of
  : the problem you have. maby even having to lie to people.
  : Im not sure if this is the reason way.. But im going through the same thing as you
  : and this is the only thing i can come up with.. and it ends up just being
  : a bunch of run arounds..
  : I quit high school for 2 years because i was feeling so shy and wanting to
  : shy away from people so much.. I got some not bad acne and thats what did it..
  : not only was i shy and never could speak but now a had a apearence problem that
  : ended up me staying in my room for 2 years.. my face got better and and i went back to school
  : and now i desided i realy need some help..
  : My problem with my testical plays more on my mind then i think..
  : My problem is i cant find much information on the subject..
  : And im to "SHY" to go to a doctor like i should..
  : Im sorry if this seemed off topic but i think it relates.
  : If you could get your testical problem dealt with it would be alot easyer to
  : deal with your shyness. For one you wouldnt have to hide anything from any one.
  : And you could have a normal dating life.
  : Im realy hoping all this is true because its my only hope in life to having a normal
  : life.. I need help and im looking for in now..
  : Thanks.
  I am in my twenties and still a virgin. The reason is because I too am very shy. Part of the reason is because I have a downward curve to my penis and am ashamed to become intimate with a girl.
  Perhaps when the resources become available I will see about the possibility of correcting this defect. But until then, it's going to be a major hang-up with me. Shyness related to urology? You bet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Matt,
I understand your focus on your genitals but I think that their is a more generalized problem with which you are dealing. You need an emotional evaluation and probably some assistance in this area. I do think that with strong motivation you can make great strides. Your first step has been coming forward and stating that a problem exists. Now to move forward!
I suggest that you seek such at a department of psychiatry/psychology at an academic center in your vicinity..
Good luck!
This information is provided for general medical information purposes only. Please consult  your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition. The Henry Ford Hospital Department of Behavioral Services has experience in the evaluation and treatment of problems such as you describe. They would be most interested in helping you. You can reach us through our toll-free number (1-800-653-6568).
Sincerely,
HFHS-M.D. SAL
* Keyword: Shyness, anxiety