Urology Community
Single Testicle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Single Testicle

Sir,

I am 25 yr old i am working in bangalore as a accounts asst.I have only one testicle right side and the left on is in side the body .doctor sujjest me to go for operation to remove the undecended testes . I have got totalally confused and my marriage has been fixed . pls help me to solve my problem . I can get marriage in December-08 ? will i get any problem after my marriage ( Sexual life)? anything side effect do the operation ? how many months gape should be there between operation and marriage ? pls pls pls ....

Thanks & Regards,

Sudheer.P

The operation itself would likely not have any effect on sexual function. If you are planning to get married in December, then you could have the operation as late as September or October (though of course, it may be better to have it done much earlier so that you may be available for any activities you need to attend before getting married).

The issues that may arise would be capacity to impregnate your wife with only one testicle. Having one testicle does not absolutely mean that sperm count would be low, so chances are there won’t really be a problem here.

Another issue is that the undescended testis may be at risk to harbor cancer. Depending on the findings on the testicle, you may need to undergo more treatment beyond surgery. Some of the treatment may lower your capacity to produce sperm, so that among the options would be to store sperm before cancer treatment (I’m not sure how acceptable this is to your culture).
Please make sure that your spouse is aware of the situation and it would be helpful if she is shown the above reply or maybe you could take her to a doctor and discuss the situation with her beforehand.
Doctor please  help me I am 31 year old and married with one year old male child , I have the same problem means Undescended testicle and once doctor suggested me to undrgo a surgery but I always delayed it Uptil now, situation is during the routine med check up, doc found following results in urine microscopy
Red blood cells =16 /HPF
Leukocytes =  12 /HPF
and suggesting me to go for kidney ultrasound and KUB ,
Please to guide me what shall I do in this situation and can both the problems are interlinked?
hi sudhree,
as u could see from drazy, with one testicles, u still can be a father, provided ur sperm count and quality are ok.

all the best with yuor operation and wedding