Urology Community
Small black dots on penis shaft near circumcision line

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Over the course of a year, I've had these little black dots (one at a time) appear on my penis shaft on the circumcision scar or directly near by.  They resemble a tiny black head; they are slightly raised.  In the past I have squeezed them out (which left some irritation) but I don't want to do that again.  They are a about mm in size.  One more has popped up near the same spot as in the past.  Any idea on what this could be???  What black dot can form on your penis that can possibly be squeezed out? Please help!
Avatar_dr_f_tn

These may be comedones or a fungal infection. This may not be something that you should be very worried about. In the absence of redness and penile discharge, this may be a superficial skin condition. You have noted that you can squeeze them out. Fungal infections may present as black spots however, they are usually associated with redness, scaling and itchiness. Just continue to observe the condition. Wash the area well with a mild cleanser like Cetaphil. This should revert spontaneously given time. If the spots increase in number and size, then you may need to have this assessed by a dermatologist.

Any associated problems with urination?

It would be best to see a doctor and have them examined. The consideration of blackheads is possible, and recurrence is common in such cases. The doctor would be able to judge its nature looking at its size, pattern, regularity of shape and color, and if warranted would recommend a biopsy. While the biopsy is the best way to establish a diagnosis, not everyone is advised to undergo one due to the invasive nature of the testing (especially if the odds of a threatening disease is remote).
Stay positive.  
Hey, i have the same issue, except i only have one black dot, which disapeared after awhile, only to reappear later. Same place, same size so i can assume that whatever you have, is most likely what i had/have again.

My only thought is this, it tends to occur after constant -gratification- say more than 7 times a week.

Don't know if that helped...or creeped you out.

hi emo,
i have something similar and was wonder also, but they dont seem to be pimples. They look more like black tiny splinters there way smaller then a millimeter there very hard to notice.  They only seem to appear near the same spot under the shaft by the scare area or the more sensitive part of the skin. I can't pop them, but I can pick them out if i do they don't come back for awhile, but they only reappear in a different spot some where around there. There not sensitive, any one know what these are? emo like others said just clean properly and change your underwear every day.
I also have this.  It has never caused any problems, is very small, and there are always 2 very tiny small black dots about the size of a pin *****, they are always right next to each other in the same spot.. I can seem to work them out, but they always come back maybe a few months later.  I first noticed these when I was pretty young, and they haven't seemed to get any worse.

I'm not worried about them, but I would like to know what it is!
i just pulled one out of my penis. it is just like you described. its like an extremely tiny black head. when i pulled mine out it had an offwhite/tan tail to go along with it also. it was probably no longer than one mm total. i cant tell if it is something with anatomical features because i would need a really powerful microscope to see any pincers or anything. gross.
Jtgober is exactly the SAME as me. WHAT ARE THEY?? Ill tell you...people who have never been circumcised do not have it. When the penis was stitched up as an infant the skin heeled around the stitches. Leaving a "micro tunnel", that u can literally push a needle right through it to the other side pushing the old sweat and sex juices from the lady that has hardened inside the tunnel. You can split the tunnel from the top across but it will hurt and scar. I digest a professional but its not dangerous to you but in some cases u can give a women a uti. Hope this helped
hi, ihev the samr black dots along time ago, they iretating me, i have squzed them too, and wen i do i notic that a small thing come out and let a very small hole in place, i live in mrocco and its hard to find a specialist here, so i dont kow what to do about it exept squizing again and again, so if u have one idea about how to get rid of that paeazit, plz tell me, i ve been having this problem since i can remeber, fromearly childhood, besidesa curve to the left in my penis, i just make nervous and worried all the time
I just noticed something similar, but it's towards the tip, not on the circumcision line.  haven't been trying to pick or pull them out because I'd rather not make anything worse, and it's kind of painful to do that too.  I'm not a medical expert by any means, but if you look around other threads on this site you'll see that there a bunch of relatively benign possibilities.
I have them too.  Several all in the same area.  I will push them out and then a couple month later they are there again.  This has been happening since I was age 25 and continued for the last 5 years.  Wonder if it is caused by genital warts since there are so many strands and different symptoms.
I actually as we speak just pulled one out. Just mess with it then grab it out. No biggie, come with jacking off too much. I do at least 3 times a day. Sorry if i creeped you out there but its the truth. Nothing to worry about. Happy Masturrbating! :)
I have just noticed these dots the same as everyone else, I have seemed to received them  randomly. I haven't had sex for just about 2 months prior witch was unprotected! Now my question to you is, should I pop them? Should I leave them alone? Any ideas what's so ever?? P.s not really the person to pick at my skin especially when its my penis. Any help would be great. Thankyou.
I had the same problem when I was younger. Tiny black, bead-like dots that could be picked/prodded out leaving a small hole. I was told they were remnants of stitches (from circumcision) that didnt go away. This is just what I was told from my parents though. Since there are ZERO doctors that know what they are it is my best guess
I am 19 and have a tiny protruding black dot on the head of my penis. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago and didn't think anything of it until a few days ago when I was masturbating it started to bleed. I haven't masturbated since and am afraid too. It doesn't hurt. I have had protected sex once, over a year ago.