Urology Expert Forum
Small lump in penis

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Small lump in penis
I just found a small lump about the size of a bb in the shaft of my penis just below the head.  It is in the center of the shaft and below the skin.  It isn't a growth on the skin but under the skin.  If I pull the skin tight I can see a small whitish lump.  The lump is more pronounced when erect.  The lump can be moved around and looks kind of like a knot in the veins.  Have you ever seen this before?  What should I do?  It isn't painful, but I'm very anxious about it.  I appreciate your responses.  

Hello - thanks for asking your question.

Without seeing the lesion, it is impossible to say what it is.  

Penile cancer is always a concern, so this needs to be evaluated by a urologist.  If necessary, a biopsy can be performed to determine whether it is cancer or not.  

Other possibilities would be various types of infections such as HPV (genital warts), molluscum, or folliculitis.  

In any case, I would have this seen by a urologist to make sure it isn't anything to worry about.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
0