Urology Expert Forum
Small lump/lesion on tip of penis/urethra
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Small lump/lesion on tip of penis/urethra

I am a 23 year old male. I have just discovered a reddish (slightly brighter in color than the surrounding area) lesion just within the external opening of my urinal tract. The lump/lesion is slightly concealed as it is inside the opening and can only be seen properly when spreading the opening. Therefore it is hard for me to say how long it has been there as it can be hard to notice it. The lump/lesion is soft, raised and approximately 3mm in diameter.

It is painless, doesn’t itch and does not hurt when I urinate.

I don’t know whether it is an STD or not. I have not had sex for more than 2 months and in the last 1.5-2 years I have had sex with only 2 partners (females). Furthermore, whether this is useful or not, in the last 2 weeks I have masturbated more frequently than usual. Could it be genital warts? my previous partner does not have genital warts, however i do have a wart on my hand - can it be contracted from hand to penis?

I am very worried about this, especially because I am currently in a situation where I can not visit the doctor for another 3 and a half weeks. Any advice as to what it might be or possible treatments will be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou very much.
Related Discussions
It is difficult to say without examination.

Genital warts and STDs are possible.  Obtaining appropriate urine tests and urethral cultures can be done to rule this out.  

Regarding treatment, it would depend on the cause.  Appropriate antibiotics can treat STDs, while medications like podophyllin, cryotherapy or surgery can treat genital warts.

Having this seen by a urologist or dermatologist is recommended.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patients education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
A related discussion, Spastic bladder after kdiney stone issue was started.
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
Jan 27 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGDBlank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank