Urology Expert Forum
Small lump/lesion on tip of penis/urethra
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Small lump/lesion on tip of penis/urethra

I am a 23 year old male. I have just discovered a reddish (slightly brighter in color than the surrounding area) lesion just within the external opening of my urinal tract. The lump/lesion is slightly concealed as it is inside the opening and can only be seen properly when spreading the opening. Therefore it is hard for me to say how long it has been there as it can be hard to notice it. The lump/lesion is soft, raised and approximately 3mm in diameter.

It is painless, doesn’t itch and does not hurt when I urinate.

I don’t know whether it is an STD or not. I have not had sex for more than 2 months and in the last 1.5-2 years I have had sex with only 2 partners (females). Furthermore, whether this is useful or not, in the last 2 weeks I have masturbated more frequently than usual. Could it be genital warts? my previous partner does not have genital warts, however i do have a wart on my hand - can it be contracted from hand to penis?

I am very worried about this, especially because I am currently in a situation where I can not visit the doctor for another 3 and a half weeks. Any advice as to what it might be or possible treatments will be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou very much.