Urology Community
Small raised area on my pee hole

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Small raised area on my pee hole

The skin around my pee hole is slightly raised and there is very mild discomfort that can best be described as sort of a dull pain that comes and goes.  I received about 2 minutes of unprotected oral from a girl 22 days ago.  I have no other symptoms, no discharge, no pain, no problems ejaculating, and no problems with urination.  I've gone round and round a bit in the std forum and they all think I have very very little if not nothing to worry about.  Can you please shed a little light on this because I am worried.  Thanks so much for your time.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Such kind of rash at tip of penis can be due to infection, inflammation or injury along the urethra or the glans (glands) itself. It can be due to STD’s or may be due to a dermatitis or a fungal infection. Contact or allergic dermatitis may occur and may cause some of these symptoms.

I suggest you to consult a urologist and get a complete STD panel done. Till that time, don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin.Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin.In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

That's very helpful, thank you. I want to ask though, is it likely this is related to an std?
I may be feeling a slight sting/itch. Could that be std?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Since you had unprotected intercourse, so chances of urethritis cannot be ruled out. It can be gonoccocal or non gonoccocal. I would suggest a 24 hrs urine test and a swab culture of the discharge to confirm the diagnosis. Unfortunately treatment is diagnosis specific and these investigations are needed for diagnosis.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

I'm not sure you are answering my last entry. I have seen no discharge and did not have unprotective intercourse. I had 2 minutes of unprotected oral performed on me by a woman 23 days ago. I now have a tiny red line under my pee hole, some raised skin around my pee hole, a mild dull pain that comes and goes, no discharge, no other pain except I may have felt a slight sting/itch but it could have been my imagination. I would very much like to know how likely it is that this could be sexually transmitted?  Please help
I have been using Lotrimin for two days now and it seems to be helping. Given the nature of my contact (2 minutes of unprotected oral), my theory is this: I began to seriously worry about std and talked myself into symptoms. According to the std forum, nothing that would be cosistent with std. I began to compulsively examine myself which probably caused a fungal infection. Does this sound reasonable?  My hands were probably not as clean as they needed to be while opening my pee hole to look inside. Since the lotrimin seems to be working, I'm feeling a lot better. Will probably still get an std panel. Please respond with your thoughts on my theory
Okay, I was tested for all stds and it came back negative.  The Dr. swabbed inside my penis and found some yeast so she thinks I have a fungal infection and gave me a one time dose medication to treat it.  I took the pill Wednesday night and the raised area around my pee hole has seemed to only slightly improve.  I have also noticed a mild dull ache in my testicles.  They don't seem to be swollen but I am very aware of them while standing or walking.  Can anyone shed any light on this?