Aa
A
A
Close
Smelly urine
I am a 54 year old female in good health.  A year ago, my doctor prescribed Vitamin D3 (15,000 units per day), and my level was very low.  i am now, a year later, taking 10,000 units a day, as she told me to continue doing.  I don't know if it is related or not, but four months ago, I had a UTI, and was treated with antibiotics.  Two weeks after, it came back, and I went through another round of antibiotics.  I have the urgency, weak bladder, etc, and when I go, it in uncomfortable.  Also, it smells awful - like eggs or sulfur.  (The only Sulfur drug I take is Sodium Sulfacetamide/s Lotion 25 cc 10%/5% for Rosacea, used once a day).  When I went to my annual exam, I asked my doctor to prescribe another round of antibiotics, but when she did the culture, she said I did not have a UTI, and wanted me to see a urologist. I went to a urologist, he said I do not have a UTI, but wants to do a surgery to put in a "sling" because my urethra has "tilted." He put me on Vesicare to help with the urgency & spasms. What could be causing the smelly urine?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I had smelly urine before my surgery. I think it is from not being able to empty the bladder completely.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Blank