Urology Community
Some blood in Urine after a week of Stent Removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hi,th May
I had a 9mm stone in my Ureter for which i had to go for URS. URS Operation was on 8th May. After that A stent is placed inside my body. After 14 days(22nd May) that stent was removed.
Now 8 days have already passed and i am still able to see some blood in my urine. Usually blood comes in Urine when i do some physical exercises (like runnning, Playing Cricket) etc.
I just want to know that is this normal?
because doctor didnt told me anything about this after stent removal.
Please suggest me what should be done in my case
Hi there!

It is common to see blood in urine a few days after the surgery. This is likely to resolve with time. Meanwhile it is advised to avoid heavy/ strenuous exercises. If the bleeding is heavy or continues beyond 2 weeks, it is advised to see your treating urologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!