Spot inside the bladder
Last September I saw a Urologist and he found an inflammation spot inside my bladder.  He latter went inside an took a biopsy.  It was not cancerous.  He lasered the spot and hoped it would take care of the problem.  It has not.  I urinate frequently and not much each time.  Nothing has changed since before I first saw the urologist.  Sometimes it can be quite painful.  I am looking for any advice and possible suggestions as to what might be wrong.  I am a 44 year old male.  Good health, don't smoke.  Prostate was checked and is fine.  CAT scan showed nothing unusual.  Sometimes there is blood in the urine.

You are basically describing symptoms of bladder irritation. Maybe it is related to some urinary bladder mucosal lesion. The biopsy of a suspicious area of the bladder was, thankfully, not cancerous.

Please see an internist initially, and rule out a common problem like chronic UTI. Get a urine test, including culture and sensitivity. Take a course of antibiotics based on the results.

Depending on which part of the world you stay, schistosomiasis and tuberculosis may need to be considered too.

If the problem persists, pl see the urologist again.

All the best.
Hi.

The biopsy findings came back negative and this should offer some relief.

I just have a few questions:

What were your initial symptoms prior to the consultation?

Was there any pain in urination?

Initially, was blood noted in the urine?

At this point you may ask your doctor if antibiotics may be indicated to help  relieve the findings of the inflamed area. An underlying urinary tract infection may be present and this may need to be treated.