Urology Expert Forum
Stent Placement
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Stent Placement

I am preparing to have kidney stones removed via a scope.  My Doc has placed a stent to dialate the ureter so the stones can be reached and broken up with the lazer.  The stent is internal.  Am I restricted from sex while the stent is in place?  Thank you,  William
Related Discussions
233190_tn?1278553401
According to various patient information guides I have seen, there should little restriction to sex when the stent is in place.  Few patients experience discomfort during sexual activities.  Occasionally, the side effects from the stent reduce sexual desire.   If the thread from the stent comes through your urethra, sex can be difficult.  Care should be taken so the stent isn't dislodged.

I would discuss this further with your personal physician before partaking in sexual activities with the stent in place.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
4 Comments
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
A related discussion, Why is stand up so painful with a stent in place? was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker