Urology Community
Stent Removal Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stent Removal Pain

I just had two surgerys to remove a kidney stone first one I had was on 5/5/08 this was done by them trying to blast it from the outside however this didn't work so I was back in on 5/8/08 and they did the procedure where they go through the ureter and grab the stone with the basket. I don't remember the exact names of the surgery.  I had a stent put in with a string so I could pull out on 5/12/08 which was today.  My question is after my second surgery I barely had any pain the pain was only occuring when I went to the bathroom because of the stent, my back pain and everything else was gone.  Since I took out the stent I have had really bad pain and feel like I gotta go to the bathroom every minute.  Is this normal?  I really didn't get a chance to talk to my doc about the whole stent process and he is now on vacation.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks so much.