Aa
A
A
Close
506548 tn?1210658933
Stent Removal Pain
I just had two surgerys to remove a kidney stone first one I had was on 5/5/08 this was done by them trying to blast it from the outside however this didn't work so I was back in on 5/8/08 and they did the procedure where they go through the ureter and grab the stone with the basket. I don't remember the exact names of the surgery.  I had a stent put in with a string so I could pull out on 5/12/08 which was today.  My question is after my second surgery I barely had any pain the pain was only occuring when I went to the bathroom because of the stent, my back pain and everything else was gone.  Since I took out the stent I have had really bad pain and feel like I gotta go to the bathroom every minute.  Is this normal?  I really didn't get a chance to talk to my doc about the whole stent process and he is now on vacation.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks so much.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I just had my 3rd kidney stone in 3 months.  I had a stent put in the 2nd time and dr removed it.  It did not hurt.  The last one was a stent with a string.  I took it out a day early and hope that I did not take it out too soon.  I have some light cramping - not constant - but just wondering if that is normal after removing stent.  It was not like this the last time I had it removed.  Is it different when you remove it with a string and when a dr removes it without a string?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I had surgery January 11,2016 two kidney stone remove. The doctor also place  a stent in. The pain after surgery is unreal.  Spoke to the doctor office yesterday. The nurse told me to get a heating pad. The heating pad helps. The doctor made it seem like the pain is not bad.  I've been taken medication around the clock. I will have the stent remove Wednesday. Why is the pain so bad. It even hurts when I cough. I can barely get out of bed. Please tell me if this is normal.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
506548 tn?1210658933
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank