Urology Community
Stent Removal Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Stent Removal Pain

I just had two surgerys to remove a kidney stone first one I had was on 5/5/08 this was done by them trying to blast it from the outside however this didn't work so I was back in on 5/8/08 and they did the procedure where they go through the ureter and grab the stone with the basket. I don't remember the exact names of the surgery.  I had a stent put in with a string so I could pull out on 5/12/08 which was today.  My question is after my second surgery I barely had any pain the pain was only occuring when I went to the bathroom because of the stent, my back pain and everything else was gone.  Since I took out the stent I have had really bad pain and feel like I gotta go to the bathroom every minute.  Is this normal?  I really didn't get a chance to talk to my doc about the whole stent process and he is now on vacation.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks so much.
I just had my 3rd kidney stone in 3 months.  I had a stent put in the 2nd time and dr removed it.  It did not hurt.  The last one was a stent with a string.  I took it out a day early and hope that I did not take it out too soon.  I have some light cramping - not constant - but just wondering if that is normal after removing stent.  It was not like this the last time I had it removed.  Is it different when you remove it with a string and when a dr removes it without a string?