Stent Removal Pain
I just had two surgerys to remove a kidney stone first one I had was on 5/5/08 this was done by them trying to blast it from the outside however this didn't work so I was back in on 5/8/08 and they did the procedure where they go through the ureter and grab the stone with the basket. I don't remember the exact names of the surgery.  I had a stent put in with a string so I could pull out on 5/12/08 which was today.  My question is after my second surgery I barely had any pain the pain was only occuring when I went to the bathroom because of the stent, my back pain and everything else was gone.  Since I took out the stent I have had really bad pain and feel like I gotta go to the bathroom every minute.  Is this normal?  I really didn't get a chance to talk to my doc about the whole stent process and he is now on vacation.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks so much.
I just had my 3rd kidney stone in 3 months.  I had a stent put in the 2nd time and dr removed it.  It did not hurt.  The last one was a stent with a string.  I took it out a day early and hope that I did not take it out too soon.  I have some light cramping - not constant - but just wondering if that is normal after removing stent.  It was not like this the last time I had it removed.  Is it different when you remove it with a string and when a dr removes it without a string?
I had surgery January 11,2016 two kidney stone remove. The doctor also place  a stent in. The pain after surgery is unreal.  Spoke to the doctor office yesterday. The nurse told me to get a heating pad. The heating pad helps. The doctor made it seem like the pain is not bad.  I've been taken medication around the clock. I will have the stent remove Wednesday. Why is the pain so bad. It even hurts when I cough. I can barely get out of bed. Please tell me if this is normal.