Urology Community
Sterility from Testicular Torsion?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Sterility from Testicular Torsion?

When I was 9 years old, I had emergency surgery due to testicular torsion.  My testicle was saved.  Does this mean that I am still fertile, or is it possible that the torsion could have resulted in sterility?  The surgery took place nearly 24 hours after the torsion began, and I know this is late for the treatment.  I'm 21 now.  Thanks for your help!
I lost a testicle due to torsion, and was assured by surgeons that i would still be very much fertile, so i dont think you have anything to worry about.

Are you getting any sort of pain or discomfort? If so go and seek medical adivice asap.
Avatar dr m tn
It is true that sterility and infertility are common side effects of testicular torsion. Since your testicles very saved, so chances of sterility are less. But to confirm the diagnosis, I suggest you to consult a urologist and get an ultrasound testis and color Doppler testis and a semen examination done.

Hope it helps. Take care and regards.