Urology Community
Steriod Cream to Treat Penile Adhesion in 5-year-old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hi my 5-year-old son's pediatrician told me that he has a penile adhesion where the skin on the top has attached to the skin underneath.  He seems to have extra skin that bunches up right there so I haven't noticed this adhesion.  When I pull back the extra skin, I see a purple line going all the way around.  The pediatrician recommended that I put a steriod cream on the purple line to thin the skin.  She said that, after 14 days, the skin should be thin enough to gently pull apart.  Then, I could apply an ointment to the area until it heals.  Has anyone heard of this?  His penis has always seemed a bit buried to me, but the pediatric urologist we saw when he was 2 said that it would look normal by the time he is 4 or 5.  He was circumcised at birth.  Well, he is 5 now and it looks normal about 40 percent of the time, but 60 percent of the time it still hides.  

I guess my question is, has anyone heard of using steriod cream for this purpose?  Could there be any negative effects of doing this for 14 days?  

Sandra