Urology Community
Stinging foreskin
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stinging foreskin

I have had this recurring problem that affects my interest in sex. Any sort of friction, including masturbation will cause my foreskin to have this burning sensation and it turns red very quickly. If i ignore the pain and continue, the pain will turn into stinging and smarting pain. When I check, sometimes, I detect minor tear at the foreskin joint to the head of the penis. I saw a general practitioner on this and was given some cream to apply at night. After using the cream, the sore and redness went away, but when i engage in sexual activity again, the symptoms return. I feel very frustrated because psychologically, I may be ready for sex, but the physical pain turns me off. Anyone has got any experience on this? What is it and how do I get it treated?

p/s I have not been rough, just unprotected sex.

Tags: penis
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello,
From the symptoms it can be due to chafing skin. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

Hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Blank
1365641_tn?1291623743
Thank you for your advice Dr. J Singh.
I have always washed the area. Sometimes, using soap hurts too. I hope soap is not considered a cosmetic product. Oh yeah, I forgot to add in my post that sometimes, when my penis is fully erect or swollen (blood flowing through the shaft and head), it can be painful too even without touching it.

So, your suggestion is I see a dermatologist instead of a urologist?
Blank
I have exactly the same problem. this definately affects my sex drive as I think of the pain and stinging and tearing afterwards and wonder if its worth it. it can just be caused with simple masturbation as well which is really annoying. please if theres anything that treats this problem permanantly so I don't have to get circumsized would be incredibly appreciated
Blank
1365641_tn?1291623743
I wonder if it is yeast..I will try to use some cream for yeast around that area. I will let u know if it works.
Blank
Hi there, I know this  wa a while ago now, did you manage to find a solution? I have exactly the same problem with the stinging and the pain during erections some times. Please let me know, thanks.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank