Stinging just inside urethra...
Hello...

I am 19 years old...I recently went in to go see my GP for what I believed was a UTI...He did urinalysis and it came back negative...He then did a urethral swab to culture and test for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea...Those came back negative also...I drank a ton of water and he gave me 3 500 mg Azithromycin tablets to take...Finished the medicine and felt a lot better...Only thing is I noticed this area just inside the urethral opening that stings very badly when i go urinate...Now the only conclusion I can come up with is that while I had the infection the opening did swell up and that inner part of my urethra was exposed to my underwear which could have rubbed the area and irritated it...My GP prescribed a topical antibiotic ointment over the phone to put on the affected area...What I want to know is, will the area heal up with the ointment because it has been a few days and I am still in a great deal of pain...Or is this one of those things that I will just have to deal with???

All help is greatly appreciated
Also just to add the urethral opening was sticking together for a while when I first noticed this...But has stopped since the use of the antibiotic ointment...
From your symptoms,it looks like urethritis. Urethritis is an inflammation of the urethra.It seems related to the friction rub in your case.

Keep on applying the antibiotic cream that your dermatologist has prescribed.Also take some sitzbaths(don’t add anything to the water) and anti inflammatory pain killers like Diclofenac or Ibuprofen if there is any pain.If the symptoms persist then pls consult a urologist.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
Thanks a lot.  My doctor told me to give it about a week and then go to the urologist if i am still in pain.  But thanks for your help...I will keep applying the cream and see if it gets any better.  Just one more question,  will the Urologist prescribe anything for the urethritis or will it have to run its course?