Urology Community
Strange hair like fibers excreted in urine.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Im a 40 year old white male with a history of kidney stones. for the past few years ive had persistent pain, and have been to a urologist. I have a large stone in the left kidney. They suggested i have a PERC done, but since the pain has been somewhat manageable, i havent done anything. especially since they told me that the stone in the kidney doesnt usually cause pain and there were no guarantees this would even solve my problem.

So this morning, the pain was a little more aggravating than usual. When i went to urinate in the toilet my urine stream was interrupted slightly and didnt look right...then i saw something hit the front of the toilet bowl and stick there. I used a bit of tissue to pick  it up to examine it. I was thinking it might be a piece of a stone with a blood clot on it, but to my surprise it wasnt.

It actually had a small dark fiber like appearance. Almost like a small mat of hairs. It was about the size as the tip of a pencil lead. Unfortunately it accidentally blew on to the dark floors. I just got back home and took a piece of white notebook paper,and i believe ive found the strange thing that came out of me.

When this 1st happened, i noticed the pain had subsided. Now, 5 hours later its back. I actually have reason to believe ive passed somehting similar months ago, bt it was at a restaurant at a urinal, and i wasnt able to retrieve it.

Any ideas? I promise im not insane.
i knew his was going to sound completely crazy and not garner a response. Hopefully its something known. I feel like a fool thinking of telling my doctor this story.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

When was the last time you were evaluated for your kidney stones?

I suggest that you discuss this with your urologist. You may be passing fragments of the stone although with your way of describing it  further evaluation may be necessary. This may not be something urgent as this may be attributed to the underlying kidney stone disease. At this point, I can not tell you exactly what it is.

A repeat urinalysis or an ultrasound of the kidney,ureter and bladder  may be able to help.
I am a 40 year old female and I had almost the same experience with the hair like fibers in my urine. The first time it happened I didn't save them just expecting my doctor to know what it was. He told me he had never heard of this and I could kick myself for not saving the small clump. I was wondering if you ever found out the cause of this peculiar incident. I'm baffled as well and would really like to know. I went to a new doctor and she said it could be part of a kidney stone as well but I'm having test done. Thank you for posting this bc I too was thinking no one would believe me. =-)
I wonder if fibers you passed were due to Morgellan's disease?  Morgellan's is belived by some to come from geneticallly-modified crops.  Others say it is spread via chemtrails left behind in the atmosphere by military transports and other military aircraft.  Also, I have read of Fibrin being passed from diabetics after they take systemic enzymes. it was described in that case to look like fiberglass insulation fibers in the urine.
Omg I'm having a lil diarrhea and a bad stomach cramp in the loweer left side of abdomen...when I wiped my stool I found red tiny fiber-like particles on the tissue this has been goin on for abot 48 hours ..the first day I thought it was blood in my stool now I'm a lil freaked out
Fibers in the urine? Read about MORGELLONS
I'm not a medical doctor, or in training to be one, or anything like that, but I do know that Morgellons disease is not generally recognized as a real disease.  Generally, it's regarded as an internet phenomenon.  People read about it online, then convince themselves that they have it, even though in reality they don't (although, sometimes they think they do because they have some other problem).

Usually it's characterized by fibers coming out of lesions in the skin.  Either way, that's not what you experienced, so I wouldn't worry about Morgellons disease.
hey...i hav been exp the same prob although its just been a day. its like fibre cumin out wit urine....

can u pl tell me how u dealt wit it....this is the only post i found relevant to the prob...no other post mentions of this prob....so its kind off freaking me out...

pl do respond....
sir, i experienced this problem yesterday.  dark fibers in my urine.  i really dont know what to do.  please tell me what you did with your condition sir..any advice would be greatly appreciated.  thank you..i shall wait for your reply.
Hi, I have noticed this strange black fibre kind of 'stuff' in my husband's semen, so I told him to check his urine and there were two/three specks in their also on separate days but not always.  He has no pain, no kidney or UTI problems - this is totally out of the blue.  They are tiny but when caught on a tissue if you squash them they are soft and spread out in a fibrous way, I thought they were blood specks but they are definitely black not dried brown or red as you'd expect from blood clots.  They are not hard or sharp as you'd expect from kidney stones - it is most weird ?

Has anyone achieved a diagnosis I looked at the Morgellions but it is not that - no other symptoms at all, just these weird fibrous specks that I noticed after sex from a tissue. I checked it was not the tissue and when he urinated on other days in the morning they were there too?
I have the same problem but worse, I'm finding shitloads of theese fibers all over my body even in my nose and ears. I am 47 years old and I haven't felt good in years. It ***** because people do think your crazy if you try to talk about it.  By the way have you ever tried to burn one of the fibers ? They don't burn, makes me wonder if its not tiny copper wires maybe ?
i have had these fibres too  in my urine  
anyone know what it is?
Your ******. Period. What you have is a rare disease called arithsomanicurineisia its consuming your bladder and soon your **** will fall off. Call your loved ones while you can.
Hi, I am a 23 year old female and over the past few months have also noticed weird small (about size of a pencil eraser at largest) clumps of fibrous red tissue in my urine. I have no clue what this is or what the cause is and if anyone could let me know what they found out that would be great. I have searched everything I can find on the internet and NOTHING has matched what I am experiencing. This is so far the closest ..
Hi. I'm a 64 year old male and I just had the same symptoms.
Were you able to find out what you had?
I'm 37 years old and thought I had were parasites as my rear became itchy and painful during number 2. I received four doses of mela-something for parasites and the pain went away when I went to the bathroom but I was still seeing little black hair-like things when I wiped myself. Mostly came from my bladder area. I told the doctor and she said it was all in my head. I've had these symptoms for 9 months now and wondering what she's going to say when I take in my samples. There's about 7 I caught on the baby wipe. I suggest for others who have these symptoms to wipe yourself with one of those wet wipes and preserve it to show the doc in case he or she thinks your imagining it. If anyone has any updates or cures, please share. I can't get rid of these things, whatever they are.
DId you get a diagnosis I am having the same thing. Hair balls and black charcoal like bits coming out of urethra during masturbation and out of urine after I have an intense orgasam.

I am 35 and have had peyronies disease since I was 19. I also have several inherited autoimmune connective tissue diseases.

PLEASE HELP
I first noticed the fibers about 2 years ago after I had kidney stone surgery. Along with the surgery, I also took on a UTI that no antibiotic has knocked down (15 or so). Last year, the urologist made me start using a self catheter. Twice, the collection netted a blob of these fibers, which I believed were hairs. I noticed that these fibers had apparently been soaking for some time in urine. They definitely looked saturated, not like new hair or fiber that had just came in contact with the urine. I have no idea what they are or how they got there, but I hope that Morgolon's is not mentioned with it. That is totally different and it is strongly associated with psychiatric disorders. The fibers I have seen are very real. Actually, my first thought was that my own hair had worked its way into my bladder.
I bet if you go to your doctor and tell them about that Kris, your doctor will recommend a psychiatrist....that is what the few that I went to about that said to me and I'd never felt so frustrated or dismissed in my life. It is morgellons, I can tell you that much....and it is definitely not a psychiatric issue
Not only are you not a medical doctor, you are not a cell or molecular biologist, biochemist, geneticist, epidemiologist, etc.  You lack the education and experience to make proclamations about such matters.  And yes, I have studied this disease, from the perspective of a scientist for a decade and it is not an internet meme as you suggest. Rather than give you a laundry list of the constellation of symptoms, lab anomalies, shared genetics and the physiological processes that are abberrant in this disease I will simply state: if you know nothing, say nothing, and learn.  Once you understand organometallic polymerization, aerosolized metal ions and biologicals, Bronsted acid formation, trisomy 1q42.11-1q42.12, mycoplasmic damage of lipid layers in mitochondria by reactive oxygen species (ROS), matrilineal mitochondrial DNA type U-5, the history of the Saami people, Rh factors, glycolysis, oxidative phosphorylation, methemoglobinemia, zoonotic gene transfer to prokaryotes using bacteriophages to infect Agrobacterium tumefaciens which infects plant materials which are consumed by humans and animals, resulting in aforementioned zoonotic gene transfers, plasmids, the functions of all the ases in the biochemical/physiological anomalies associated with Morgellons, stuff a rag in it pal.  People committ suicide because of the preponderence of remarks by ignoramouses like you.
I too have this unusual condition. My symptoms seem to come and go over the past 7 months when I first got this syndrome. I had a urine test done which showed red blood cells, white blood cells and castings which were classed as normal. There were no pathogens detected. Prior to 8 months ago, I never had these things coming out of me. Being a microbiologist, I looked at these things under the microscope. At first they looked like lint from clothing; however, coming out of the lint were these helical fibers that looked like fungal hyphae. The strands had compartmental regions and seemed to be nucleated. Inside the lint ball was cellular debris. The cells look very much like plant material.

During the first 4 months of "Whatever" it is, I was suffering from crushing fatigue and inability to focus. I use to be able to run half marathons and now can barely run a km without having to rest. I have brutal insomnia now which is unlike me. Being unsure what was going on and questioning whether or not I was really seeing what I thought I was seeing, I asked one of my co-workers to look at the samples. He saw exactly what I saw. Both of us were unsure what we were looking at --- but we were sure it should not be coming out of you.

When I first found out about "Morgellons" I was convinced that I can not have that because it is a disease of the mind. I went to various sites that post images of what people are seeing coming out of them on their skin, in urine or in feces. Many of these sites sound like crazy people ranting about Chem Trials, Government plots, aliens.... etc. However, my samples looked very much like the images on those websites. I thought I was going to go insane right then.

I do not know what to think about "Morgellons". The CDC did study this condition and determined it was not a fungus, bacteria, or virus and that it fit the condition of delusional parasitology. I do believe it is real but I do not know how to explain what it is.

If you do web searches on the forum, you will see many people talking about back specks in feces of adults and little children, or on skin, or in urine. Many of these people seem have other conditions like IBS, skin irritation and some even suffer from chronic fatigue type symptoms. Some people seem to suffer from cognitive type problems with these conditions.

My opinion, for what it is worth, is that "Morgellons" is but part a major syndrome that effect the body system wide. Somehow causing unusual artifacts to form in the skin or in body tissues and more concerning affecting the minds of people.

Do any of you have what looks like glitter on your skin?
Do any of you have itchy skin?
Do you or anyone in you family seem to be suffering from sleep disturbance? ( Either you keep walking up multiple times during the night or sleep more hours than you need but always feel tired and not alert. )

If you have samples, do not go to your doctor. See if you can get access to a microscope --- maybe at a high school. See if your samples look like what are posted on Morgellons web sites. However, you will be faced with the ultimate question. Do you really want to know you have the same thing that most doctors would class as a psychological condition?

I really hope what I have is not what it seems to be. An imagined disease that has real physical and psychological symptoms. If you look for the You Tube video on Mary Liatao who coined this condition, you can not possible believe that she is faking the death of her husband to suspicious neurological condition, her own neurological conditions, and the neurological and cutaneous rash conditions of her children. I am terrified to feel that I may have passed this on to my family --- whatever it is.

Do any of you have itchy skin?

I had the same thing present three weeks after a peritoneal catheter surgery. I literally took a balled up fiber from an old sweater and brought it to my nephrologist, as an example of what the material looked like to me. I took photos of the material on my phone which were in my urine as well. Some floated, some sank. Long story short, my urologist conducted a urethrescopy and said it was not bladder related. He had me urinate through a filter while in the office, and luckily enough caught one during my sample.
My nephrologist says he doesn't believe it is kidney related. I had an MRI on Wednesday and am waiting for the results for the urologist to discuss.
The symptoms come and go, days at a time. I have standard urination, and at other times it comes with a dull pain with some light clogging, or pressure along with the passing of these foreign items.
Has ANYBODY been diagnosed or head anything conclusive from one of their doctors? Seems many have had the issue, but nothing confirmed from the docs.
Please don't say the report comes back as clothing fibers. The doctor in the clinic said that I must of put them there as I do not wear sweaters in my bladder. Ha Ha. I can understand his not taking me seriously as up to 8 months ago before all this started, I would of also thought it crazy. However, reading all the things I am seeing on just this forum about filaments and black specks in pee and feces and on skin has me wondering if it is the same thing. If anyone has these things please send your story.
I visited my nephrologist yesterday and my urologist today,. The MRI results show nothing of note, and the urinalysis (which included this strange material as we caught it in a filter) did not show signs of infection. Both doctors stated that they have no clue what the material was, nor can either diagnose it. The urologist sent me to a lab which specializes in a particular type of urine test so hopefully that will provide information to make a determination.
Any results? Or is it just inconclusive.
Did you ever get a result of what it is that you got tested for.