Urology Community
Strange hair like fibers excreted in urine.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Im a 40 year old white male with a history of kidney stones. for the past few years ive had persistent pain, and have been to a urologist. I have a large stone in the left kidney. They suggested i have a PERC done, but since the pain has been somewhat manageable, i havent done anything. especially since they told me that the stone in the kidney doesnt usually cause pain and there were no guarantees this would even solve my problem.

So this morning, the pain was a little more aggravating than usual. When i went to urinate in the toilet my urine stream was interrupted slightly and didnt look right...then i saw something hit the front of the toilet bowl and stick there. I used a bit of tissue to pick  it up to examine it. I was thinking it might be a piece of a stone with a blood clot on it, but to my surprise it wasnt.

It actually had a small dark fiber like appearance. Almost like a small mat of hairs. It was about the size as the tip of a pencil lead. Unfortunately it accidentally blew on to the dark floors. I just got back home and took a piece of white notebook paper,and i believe ive found the strange thing that came out of me.

When this 1st happened, i noticed the pain had subsided. Now, 5 hours later its back. I actually have reason to believe ive passed somehting similar months ago, bt it was at a restaurant at a urinal, and i wasnt able to retrieve it.

Any ideas? I promise im not insane.
i knew his was going to sound completely crazy and not garner a response. Hopefully its something known. I feel like a fool thinking of telling my doctor this story.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

When was the last time you were evaluated for your kidney stones?

I suggest that you discuss this with your urologist. You may be passing fragments of the stone although with your way of describing it  further evaluation may be necessary. This may not be something urgent as this may be attributed to the underlying kidney stone disease. At this point, I can not tell you exactly what it is.

A repeat urinalysis or an ultrasound of the kidney,ureter and bladder  may be able to help.
I am a 40 year old female and I had almost the same experience with the hair like fibers in my urine. The first time it happened I didn't save them just expecting my doctor to know what it was. He told me he had never heard of this and I could kick myself for not saving the small clump. I was wondering if you ever found out the cause of this peculiar incident. I'm baffled as well and would really like to know. I went to a new doctor and she said it could be part of a kidney stone as well but I'm having test done. Thank you for posting this bc I too was thinking no one would believe me. =-)
I wonder if fibers you passed were due to Morgellan's disease?  Morgellan's is belived by some to come from geneticallly-modified crops.  Others say it is spread via chemtrails left behind in the atmosphere by military transports and other military aircraft.  Also, I have read of Fibrin being passed from diabetics after they take systemic enzymes. it was described in that case to look like fiberglass insulation fibers in the urine.
Omg I'm having a lil diarrhea and a bad stomach cramp in the loweer left side of abdomen...when I wiped my stool I found red tiny fiber-like particles on the tissue this has been goin on for abot 48 hours ..the first day I thought it was blood in my stool now I'm a lil freaked out
Fibers in the urine? Read about MORGELLONS
I'm not a medical doctor, or in training to be one, or anything like that, but I do know that Morgellons disease is not generally recognized as a real disease.  Generally, it's regarded as an internet phenomenon.  People read about it online, then convince themselves that they have it, even though in reality they don't (although, sometimes they think they do because they have some other problem).

Usually it's characterized by fibers coming out of lesions in the skin.  Either way, that's not what you experienced, so I wouldn't worry about Morgellons disease.
hey...i hav been exp the same prob although its just been a day. its like fibre cumin out wit urine....

can u pl tell me how u dealt wit it....this is the only post i found relevant to the prob...no other post mentions of this prob....so its kind off freaking me out...

pl do respond....
sir, i experienced this problem yesterday.  dark fibers in my urine.  i really dont know what to do.  please tell me what you did with your condition sir..any advice would be greatly appreciated.  thank you..i shall wait for your reply.
Hi, I have noticed this strange black fibre kind of 'stuff' in my husband's semen, so I told him to check his urine and there were two/three specks in their also on separate days but not always.  He has no pain, no kidney or UTI problems - this is totally out of the blue.  They are tiny but when caught on a tissue if you squash them they are soft and spread out in a fibrous way, I thought they were blood specks but they are definitely black not dried brown or red as you'd expect from blood clots.  They are not hard or sharp as you'd expect from kidney stones - it is most weird ?

Has anyone achieved a diagnosis I looked at the Morgellions but it is not that - no other symptoms at all, just these weird fibrous specks that I noticed after sex from a tissue. I checked it was not the tissue and when he urinated on other days in the morning they were there too?
I have the same problem but worse, I'm finding shitloads of theese fibers all over my body even in my nose and ears. I am 47 years old and I haven't felt good in years. It ***** because people do think your crazy if you try to talk about it.  By the way have you ever tried to burn one of the fibers ? They don't burn, makes me wonder if its not tiny copper wires maybe ?
i have had these fibres too  in my urine  
anyone know what it is?
Your ******. Period. What you have is a rare disease called arithsomanicurineisia its consuming your bladder and soon your **** will fall off. Call your loved ones while you can.
Hi, I am a 23 year old female and over the past few months have also noticed weird small (about size of a pencil eraser at largest) clumps of fibrous red tissue in my urine. I have no clue what this is or what the cause is and if anyone could let me know what they found out that would be great. I have searched everything I can find on the internet and NOTHING has matched what I am experiencing. This is so far the closest ..
Hi. I'm a 64 year old male and I just had the same symptoms.
Were you able to find out what you had?