Urology Community
Strange pain from belly button down and I need help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

My name is Alek and I am a 24 year old male.  I'm 6 ft, 180lbs, I stay active, and I have no clue what's wrong with me.

For about 5-6 years now I have been having a strange pain from my belly button down to, what seems to me, my urethra.  The best way I can describe the pain is a sharp, pulling pain.  Almost as if there was a string, with one side tied to the inside of my belly button and the other side somewhere in my urethra.  The pain is almost always associated with going from a bent over or sitting position to standing straight up, and when it happens it can be extremely painful.  The pain normally only lasts a few seconds because I bend back over immediately, and at the worst I wont be able to stand up straight without the pain for maybe 30 minutes.  This will happen 2 -3 times a day during about a 2 week span, 2-3 times per year.  Also, it seems like right after I feel the pain I have to pee, and that feeling normally lasts the rest of the day.
When I first started experiencing this pain, I was having other problems with my belly button as well.  It bled a couple times (both times I noticed after I finished running), and it smelled awful.  I went to the doctor to get it checked out and as far as the pain went she seemed pretty baffled but she did say my belly button was infected and I was given a creme that cleared that part up but the pain stayed, and now it seems that every time it "flares up" my belly button still smells awful but I haven't seen any blood.

I know that I could live the rest of my life without knowing what this is and I'd be just fine, but since I'm in the middle of a "flare up" I would really like to know what's causing it.  I've been looking around on the internet now for a couple of hours, and I saw some forums where people were describing almost exactly what I have been experiencing with no real clue to what it is.  There was someone who thought it was a yeast infection and I had a yeast infection when was much younger (in a really embarrassing place) I don't want to rule that out but the internal pain of what I'm experiencing makes me think its something else.  Of course there's the possibility of an umbilical hernia, or something similar to that, but I have no lump that I can see or feel.

I saw something about urachal remnant abnormalities and those seemed close but a lot of the symptoms didn't match up.  The main one I was curious about was vesicourachal diverticulum, but with how rare it is and because it almost never seems to require medical attention I couldn't find anything on it to answer any questions.    

If anyone knows anything at all about what this may be, please let me know.  I know I need to go to the doctor to get this checked out, but I currently don't have any insurance so it may be a while before I am able to afford it.  

Any suggestions are appreciated, but please don't post just to say "I have those same symptoms" unless you have a thought as to what it may be.  I went through over 20 pages of people saying that with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Thank you all in advance!
I'd see a gastroenterologist and see if you have a hernia. :( I hope it helps & you feel better.