Strep B found in semen
My husband has an enlarged prostate and they found the bacteria strep b in his semen.  I am now pregnant...what measures should I take and could I have given my husband this if I am a strep b carrier?
    How are you? Group B Streptococcus (GBS) or Streptococcus agalactiae is a memeber of the normal flora of the gut and female urogenital tract, so many women are carriers of this bacterium without knowing it. GBS colonization is not harmful and should not be treated, except during labor and deliveryYes there is a chance that you might have transferred the infection to your husband, incase you are a carrier. Infection during pregnancy can cause infection to the layers of the womb (chorioamnionitis),  postpartum endometritis, and bacteremia. For diagnosis vaginal and rectal swab cultures are done. On confirmation of diagnosis treatment with penicillin can be started. In case you are allergic to pencillin inform your doctor about this. Treatment should be taken even during labour and neonatal period to prevent transmission of infection to the fetus during delivery.
Consult a gynaecologist for further assistance.
All the best.