Strep in urine
I am 30yrs old, and have been having a problem with frequent and very urgent urination. My doctor did some labs to check for uti, but those were negative. The results showed that I have Strep in my urine. She plans to treat it with anibiotics. Is is possible that the problems I have been having are being caused by the strep?
    How are you? Streptococcus gr B is colonised the human body. That means many people carry this organism, but not infected and do not get sick usually.

In some cases patients might be infected and most commonly have meningitis, pneumonia, urinary tract infections etc.
It can be treated with antibiotics. It is diagnosed with blood tests.

Recurrent UTI can be caused by atypical organisms, fungal infections and interstitial cystitis. Urine examination and culture can reveal the organism causing it, except in case of interstitial cystitis. Interstitial cystitis is diagnosed by cystoscopy.

Discuss with your doctor and take advise.
All the best.
She did a urine test, and said that I don't have a UTI. I'm trying to find out if the strep that was in my urine could be causing frequent and urgent urination? I have never had this problem before. I have to urinate a lot, and really urgent even when there's not that much urine. Could it be caused by the strep?
How do you get GBS in your urine?